Home | About | Donate

Equal Citizens Under Law (Except For, You Know, Soaring Arrests and Demolitions and lllegal Settlements)

Equal Citizens Under Law (Except For, You Know, Soaring Arrests and Demolitions and lllegal Settlements)

Aggrieved Israeli officials are howling censorship after the U.N. rejected parts of an "Israel Matters" exhibit it deemed "inappropriate," given how it dubitably claims Israel as the Jews' "indigenous homeland," Jerusalem as "the focus of Jewish life," and Arab-Israelis “equal citizens," sorta. Israel blasted the decision as "scandalous," which coincidentally is how many describe its first Stop the Boycott conference, soaring arrests of Palestinians and demolitions of their homes, and massive expansion of illegal settlements.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I boycotted Israeli products today. Sure, maybe a bunch of Israeli children died as a result, having been weakened by prior divestments. Maybe their parents are in pieces in the street due to sanctions I supported.

I don't care because I have no respect for Israeli lives.

BDS: We won't be happy until our boycott bombardment makes Israel look like Gaza. A boycott is just like a bomb.

It seems that every day is Kristallnacht in Palestine.

Mrs, Clinton wants to take our support of Israel to the "next level". My God, how much more "supportive" could we be?? I read somewhere that the occupation of Palestine costs approximately $3 Billion per year, which just happens to be the amount we send them every year. Basically, the US is paying for the illegal occupation! Israel is steeped in war crimes and illegality. BDS is the only logical action people should take. And, NO, HRC, anti-ZIONISM is NOT anti-Jewish! Why don't you do YOUR research, lady.

Boycott israel. Period. And no, the state does not deserve a capital letter.

I'm note sure your attempt at parody worked - because Israel actually argues that objective of the boycotts and sanctions are the physical destruction of Israel at the hands of "anti-Semites".

Based on the other response I got I think you're right.

But that someone would take seriously an argument that the peaceful BDS movement is in any way similar to Israel's actual slaughter of Palestinians shows how extreme the Zionist's position is.

And my ineptitude. :disappointed:

Hard to parody a position that is already insane.

It was an attempt at parody which apparently failed. :disappointed:

Clearly Israel does not respect Israeli lives. Or any other lives for that matter

The Zionist state was conceived in racist exceptionalism - you know, the "chosen people" above all others - and formed/stolen by terrorism, maintained by terrorism and expanded by terrorism! Tell the big-lie often enough and many will eventually come to believe it - such is the case with Israel as a "democracy" and "victim".
The US gifts this criminal racist entity far over the admitted $3 billion in annual aid/tribute - some put the real total when all is counted at between $5-10 billion plus annually. Israel has never "defaulted" on a US "loan" because they ALL have been "forgiven" - none have ever been repaid!

BDS! End Israeli apartheid & racist ethnic cleansing!
End Israeli/AIPAC subversion of American politics!

http://www.seamac.org/EthnicCleansing.htm

http://www.wrmea.org/congress-u.s.-aid-to-israel/u.s.-financial-aid-to-israel-figures-facts-and-impact.html

You don't see an ironic statement when you read it? Or can it be anything but tongue in cheek?

Well, now the author has acknowledged that his/her post did not give the needed cue to be read as parody.

I believe you've been around on CD for some time, and if you've read previous posts by ctrl_z on the articles regarding Palestine-Israel, then you know it was parody--it doesn't take a mind reader, just familiarity with his/her history of posts on the subject. For instance, if you posted something similar, I'd know it was parody coming from you, since I remember your previous posts. For someone not familiar with the poster's previous remarks, I'd agree that it might be mistaken as actual belief rather than parody.

Maybe it's just me, but after reading a regular poster, I remember his/her stance on issues, without having to research them. That evidently isn't the case with you, so I take your point, and appreciate your response.