Home | About | Donate

Eric Holder Returns as Hero to Law Firm That Lobbies for Big Banks

Eric Holder Returns as Hero to Law Firm That Lobbies for Big Banks

Lee Fang, The Intercept

After failing to criminally prosecute any of the financial firms responsible for the market collapse in 2008, former Attorney General Eric Holder is returning to Covington & Burling, a corporate law firm known for serving Wall Street clients.

"We all live in a Mafia neighborhood now".
Dalton Trumbo

What a surprise! I thought that Obama and his friends were on the side of the poor and suffering.
Still, in the next year the fools that urged us to vote for "change" will insist that we vote for Hillary Clinton. Fool me once...fool me again...

Agreed. And let's all remember that for when we take over government so that we install exactly such a law.

Coddling crime

Pays big time

Just another prostitute for the rich.

Regardless of his accomplishments he will always be remembered as
the AG who let the bank criminals walk free.

Obama and Holder did more than "let the bank criminals walk free", they enabled the too-big-to-fail bank criminals to expand their operations 40% during the past six years to the point that their share of US bank assets increased from 25% to 44% with no end to that growth in sight.

This was as predictable as the sun rising in the east. Most of the Obombers closest confidants will be gainfully employed in the finance or health care industries, most likely to obscene salaries. Corruption begets corruption.
Why am I not surprised and appalled?

Eric Holder worked for Covington & Burling (WALL STREET LAW FIRM, that its clinets are Bank of America, Case,....,) and President Obama named him Attorney General. After failing to criminally prosecute any of the financial firms responsible for the market collapse in 2008, former Attorney General Eric Holder is returning to Covington & Burling, a corporate law firm known for serving Wall Street clients.

There is a law. Obama wrote an executive order in '09 that makes it illegal for anyone in administrative positions to accept jobs for two years after they leave their government position that might involve any lobbying. Furthermore, they cannot disclose any inside information that they may have been privy to, or give advice based on inside information that have obtained while in government employ.

Oh, well. One more law bites the dust.

Now there's a freakin' surprise! Holder's do-nothing "Justice" Dept, in collusion with Obama's WH, held no actual person to account for the organized, intentional victimization of millions - only some "deals" made with corporate "persons" and fines for pennies on the dollar with never any culpable individual named/charged, only the corporate entity - no way to effect any real change or end corporate crime and theft - pathetic, unless that's your intent. The revolving-door to secure going back to that cushy job as reward! "Mission accomplished" Eric! Holders no hero, only a cheap shill/enabler for continued banker/Wall St/corporate crimes, thefts and greed.........like the man who hired him.

Exactly..."Mission Accomplished," Democratic version.

I heart corporatism

(With apologies to Jesse Jackson Sr)

"What time is it?, It's legacy building time, its legacy building time, its legacy building time."

Yet another prominent African American political figure fulfilling MLK Jr.s dream by being despised not for the color of his skin but rather by the content of his character--just, like his former boss.

Soon. Because if it's not soon, the issue will become moot as we begin dropping like flies from the destroyed climate.