Home | About | Donate

"Erin Brokovich of Slovakia" Elected Nation's First Female President

"Erin Brokovich of Slovakia" Elected Nation's First Female President

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

Voters in Slovakia elected activist Zuzana Čaputová their first female president over the weekend, delivering a rebuke to right-wing nationalism.

Politico framed Čaputová's win as "cause for celebration for pro-EU and democratic forces throughout Central and Eastern Europe, as well as in Brussels."

0 Likes

Congratulations Zuzana! Finally, a country does it right. Run-off voting, a woman as a candidate–good on you Slovakia!

4 Likes

From the article:

“Čaputová started her acceptance speech by thanking voters in Slovak, as well as in the Hungarian, Czech, Roma, and Ruthenian languages, turning to all main minority groups.”

Most impressive. Slovakia must be bursting with pride—while we in the US are stuck with a president who can barely speak complete sentences in ONE language.

5 Likes

Wow, Slovakia is on the road to becoming a better place to live than the US.

" Čaputová is part of the newly-formed Progressive Slovakia, and her platform calls for justice for all, dignity for the elderly, and environmental protection."

2 Likes

Oh, I’d say there are quite a few countries that meet that criteria, as a better place to live than the U.S.

6 Likes

The “weaker” of the sexes are showing their strength in narrative.

0 Likes

Holly crap, soon we will be the only shit hole country not smart enough to elect a woman president.

0 Likes

By my calculations AOC will reach the age threshold just in time for the 2024 election.

Can’t come too soon.

0 Likes

We will sure know what her stamina level is, and how thick her skin is by then.

0 Likes

Congratulations Slovakia!!!

2 Likes

Sounds like just the kind of thing the CIA has spent the last decades murdering people all over the world to prevent.
Wonder how they missed this one, and how long it will take them to send some “humanitarian aid” their way.

1 Like

Slovakia is now on my list of places I’d like to visit.

0 Likes