Home | About | Donate

“Establishment Wins” Are Bad for Democrats – and the Country

“Establishment Wins” Are Bad for Democrats – and the Country

Richard Eskow
Diehard science-fiction fans will remember the mystical mantra at the heart of the 21st-century “Battlestar Galactica” reboot: “All this has happened before and will happen again.” Democratic Party leaders and members of the mainstream media should keep that sentence in mind during the 2018 and 2020 elections.

Given the events of the past few years, how can a reporter for

As we all know money in politics is devouring our democracy which is stated over and over by progressives. Lamestreet media is as big of a problem as Citizens United, ownership of news media by a few leave us only with entertainment and a little “he says she says” with no analysis. It has all been in the making for 40 years and people are complacent and the others are lied to on Fox so called news. Good people believe the lies that the country is being destroyed by liberals. Liberals like the DNC is part of the problem.

“Fox so called news” is FAUX news.

The Democratic Party “standing for nothing” ?

Ever since the 1985 Democratic Leadership Council (DLC) formation refocused the Party’s mission to GETTING MORE CORPORATE MONEY THAN THE GOP, there has been no ambiguity concerning what the Party stands for.

I am so sick and tired of hearing about the damn Democrats.

If they ever want “my” respect, they need to be protesting this administration’s every single move, screaming at the top of their collective lungs, “this is criminal” or “this is nothing but pure theft from the American people.”

Establishment Democrats need to be getting arrested every single day, with the media covering them being dragged out of Congressional buildings, outside on the steps with banks of reporters recording their accusations of crimes directed at this president and his cabinet and Republican co-conspirators.

Until then, they’re dead to me.

Vote Green until the Red party bleeds to death and the Blue party gets blown up.

The surge of the Republicans after the election of Obama had little to do with Democratic policies. It was because Obama was a black man. Unless people like Eskoiw are willing to acknowledge the role of race in American politics they will be spinning their wheels and not connecting with the truth.

Still can’t see the forest for the trees.
Was race a factor, definitely. Was it the only factor, NO. I guess you don’t think dropping the public option from the healthcare debate pissed off the voters. Or allowing Bush and gang to get away with their crimes against humanity. Or allowing the Wall Street banks to rob the public. You seem like a fairly smart individual, except when the subject is the Dem. party. Please wake up.

Lost me at “Battlestar Gallactica.”

No amnesia here. Shrub sucked and Dims ran from Obama, who was actually a blue dog like the rest of the establishment Dims.

I call BS. After spending all his political capital on RomneyCare, the Dims who passed the bill ran from the bill and from their president.

Dims own their failures.

It will be alright. Because Republicans are scared to death of the Trump boorish ignorance and his more ignorant fanatics they have abandoned almost every principle they have championed for decades. But there are hundreds of thousands of disillusioned but patriotic, rational, and tolerant Republicans out there and this time they will vote with Democrat’s to stop this insanity or not at all, meaning thankfully treacherous Trump can’t win. Resist, vote.