Home | About | Donate

Europe Cringes Before Emperor Trump

Europe Cringes Before Emperor Trump

Eric Margolis

President Donald Trump says most summit meetings are a waste of time. He’s so right. Most meetings of every kind are a waste of time and energy.

The president was certainly right about last week’s NATO summit in Brussels. At least, he livened it up by openly blasting his NATO allies once again for not spending enough on their military forces. But Trump’s real purpose was to show the world that he was boss of all he surveyed.

“This brouhaha over Russian oil exports is the work of the US neocons who infest the Trump administration and run Fox TV. They want to see Germany and Russia kept on their knees, and NATO submissive to Washington.”

Bingo. As Zbigniew Brzezinski outlined in his The Grand Chessboard (1997), nothing is to get in the way of America’s geopolitical hegemony. Trump is taking orders from the neocons, which is not to say that Putin isn’t the better chess master. Hillary would have played the same game, but used different tactics. Let’s not delude ourselves into thinking any of this is for us, the disposables.

I’m sure the meeting with Putin won’t be a waste of time, either. Should be very entertaining for Putin to play the very stable genius for a fool, yet again. Who knows, though? Maybe Trump can get Putin’s autograph. That would be something.

There was every reason to expect that Drumpf would make an ASS of himself at the NATO conference and in Britain–and he DID!!! Next, he goes on to meet with his buddy, Putin. My hope is that when the Mueller Report comes out, it will be possible to issue charges of TREASON against the SOB!!

“Trump is wading in deep, murky waters here. Let’s hope he does better this week in his meeting with Vlad Putin – which we venture to guess will not be a waste of time at all.”

At least for Trump & company.

Can we please look at a definition of “Treason?”

Nato’s “must” have over $one tn just for its “defense”. Russia spends about $50bns on its defense; and, according to most Americans, Russia is about to invade one or more Nato lands?

Can one now imagine how much money Nato would need to spend on the offense? Probably $30 tns?

And to defeat Talibans, i guess, Nato would need to spend at least $ several trillions! Trump to ask or demand
that much cash from Congress?

I found myself screaming at the TV whilst Trump was at the NATO meeting. Backing down a no nothing bully can be done in two ways and I would have employed both here.
First he should be hit by every NATO country leader in attendance with a very detailed oriented question of which Trump would have no idea what they are talking about and they should follow up badgering him to answer repeatedly cutting off his bull#### responses. Gross public humiliation. Secondly several of the top leaders should tell him, in a meeting, flat to his face, he is ignorant and a no nothing and that he better start putting in the time to learn about the world and the rest of the leaders should chime in in agreement.
This could actually be done and would give Trump’s advisors the push they need to grow a backbone and tell him the truth.
History is replete with foreign leaders refusing to tell rogue and ineffectual leaders the hard truths - that failing has often lead to war eventually.

Well add the Schumer person to that treason list . Remember, he wants to make it illegal to criticize Israel and support BDS…wow, another 1st amendment hater. There are a gaggle of these in office---------shoo them into the light! Maybe some baking soda and white vinegar will help!

Among this horror show of news articles today I found one with a woman carrying a sign that actually made me laugh. So if you need a good chuckle here is what it said:

“I would call Trump a cunt, but he lacks the depth and the warmth.”

Hand it to the Scots…they are way better protest sign makers we are:)

The USA produces more Oil then does Russia and with the Middle East firmly under the US umbrella , the US Government wants to ensure that US controlled sources provide Oil to Western Europe. This means more profits for US Corporations and ensures West Europe remains a vassal state.

Increasing spending to 4 percent GDP even when there no real military threat is a Trojan Horse. This Military spending in the USA is what led to them dismantling Social Program spending. If European Countries spent 4 percent GDP on Military spending they would have to make cuts elsewhere. The prime target would be Health Care spending wherein those systems would be dismantled for “budgetary reasons” in favor of the for profit model.

At the same time a 2 percent of GDP increase in Military spending would mean in sum total some 420 BILLION more in profits to the Corporations that produce Arms. With that much of a nations wealth invested in making weapons , those firms then become “Too big to fail” as entire economies will be built around Military spending. Europe would be faced with a perpetual arms race building and buying weapons they do not need simply because the Economy will be so reliant on Military spending to provide jobs.

That added 420 billion in spending finds its way into the pockets of some small few whereas Social program sending on things like health care and poverty reduction schemes goes into the pockets of the many.

IN short none of this has anything to do with National Security and everything to do with filling the pockets of the 1 percent with even more wealth.

I agree it won’t be a waste of time – as long as IQ45 can give a good blow job!

treason

1. The betrayal of allegiance toward one’s own country, especially by
    committing hostile acts against it or aiding its enemies in committing
    such acts.

Exactly…gross public humiliation is what is needed every time Trump opens his lying mouth. He should be cut off every time he brags about his bull shit accomplishment, he should be laughed out of every meeting for the moron he is,he respects nothing and so deserves none in return, the treat ment he gets every where is ridiculous and a mistake, he needs to be banned everywhere he tries to visit, it makes all the world leaders look weak.

As a Scot I have to agree