Home | About | Donate

European Commission Accused of 'Putting Lipstick on a Pig' With Rebranded Corporate-Friendly Trade Mechanism

European Commission Accused of 'Putting Lipstick on a Pig' With Rebranded Corporate-Friendly Trade Mechanism

A social justice organization has accused the European Commission of "putting lipstick on a pig" with its plan for a new court system for a pending EU-US trade deal the group says still affords "corporations frightening new powers at the expense of our national democracies."

The TTIP is a international corporate end run to avoid to avoid responsibilities for its human and environment distructions.

I agree with the quote below, and think it captures what I see as one of the biggest problems society faces, and that's the infiltration of PR into all aspects of life, both private and public. Everything's optics, and everyone's expected to do whatever they need to do to sell the "product" that they see it as their job to sell.
If they want ISDS to be more like the courts in each of the member countries, I'm guessing the reason they aren't just use existing courts is that they only want them to seem to people as if they're the same.
It's profoundly disheartening to think that this is the way our leaders and those who represent them think.

Nick Dearden, director of the organization, called the proposal "essentially a PR exercise to get around the enormous controversy and opposition that has been generated by ISDS." ... "The real issue at hand here is that of corporate power," Dearden added. "Commissioner Malmström says she wants to 'establish a new system built around the elements that make citizens trust domestic or international courts'—but she hasn’t explained why those courts are not good enough for multinational corporations to use."

How many name changes have we had with these present Free Trade efforts. I think it is a maneuver to confuse the public and it is all BS.
Call it what you want it is all evil, it is a corporate take over.