Home | About | Donate

Even as Global Trade Dropped, US Arms Sales Boomed in 2015

Even as Global Trade Dropped, US Arms Sales Boomed in 2015

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

The U.S. sold more weapons than any other country in 2015 despite a drop in the global arms trade, according to a new congressional report.

At $40 billion, the U.S. signed more than half of all arms agreements last year, and more than double the next-highest seller, which was France at $15 billion. American weapons sales included bombs, missiles, armored tanks, Apache attack helicopters, F-15 fighter jets, and other items.

Nationalism for ninkompoops: USA! USA! We're #1!

This has bothered me so much for so long. How is this who we are? Did any of us vote for this? Do we ever get a choice to vote against it?
Every god damned time we see countries falling apart with the bad guys killing and terrorizing the people, and it happens all over the globe, you have to wonder where they got all those neat weapons, and how effective would they be if whey didn't have them.

And countries signing on to buy F-35 messed up fighters, I think it's a protection racket. Tell me something, those fighters haven't got great payloads, and have had all kinds of problems and cost more than most countries economies, when you factor in maintenance, and I'm thinking....one of those against say twenty MIGS, and I bet the MIGS would win.

We are insane.

Obama was just another fear monger with an average three point shot and a peace prize. The War Prize would have been more appropriate. He delivered weapons to despots around the world, killing, maiming and manufacturing more enemies. His grinning maleloquence a mask of horror.

America needs to wake up, The glorification of everything military from toys, guns, games, clothing, songs etc. is manufacturing cannon fodder and that fodder will be our sons and daughters and their sons and daughters. The world is littered with the graves of those who believed they could control the world, buried right next to their collateral damage.

Each country has a sense of manifest destiny, but “American exceptionalism is missionary,” Mr. Kissinger says. “It holds that the United States has an obligation to spread its values to every part of the world.” Kissinger

The military industrial media infotainment complex (MIMIC) that Eisenhower warned us about (after he empowered them) is a growth industry that has barely missed a beat, except when the Viet Nam occupation ended, the Soviet Union broke up and talk of a peace dividend was spreading.

Ever since the Gulf War MIMIC has been fullfilling its mission to establish and maintain as many eternal occupations and wars as it can to assure their eternal revenue stream, with most of its revenue coming from US taxpayers.

As a nation we have decided we will not be afraid anymore. We will shoot first and often. As this article should suggest to us that weapons are expensive. Our use of them in gun ranges across the globe has been paid for by printing money/ creating debt for future Americans. That debt is now over 19 trillion. If the $40 billion of arms sold, as reported here, was profit it would only take 475 years to pay off our 19 T debt. Of course, you would then have to deal with the rest of the world being armed to the teeth beyond all comprehension and you with all their money.

Of course, that is all crazy because there is no real market for American arms. American arms fail and kill their operators. Russian weapons kill the enemy. American arms fail because Americans are not to bright. They build billion dollar ships with extremely impressive main gun. Shoots a bullet costing $800,000 to make. Cruise missiles at 1 million each. With 19T debt you can not afford to fire that weapon but its all for show cause our new billion dollar love war boat could not even make it through the Panama Canal. Don't you just love it when your latest new shiny weapon of war has to get towed out of the Panama Canal.

The motto of our military protection force is profits first. Profits for our country. Profits for our corporations. Profits for the MIC. They do not win conflicts they profit from them. It is not hard to see this is all pretty sick and of no value. I am no fan of Trump but I understand the need to drain the swamp. Quickly, drain it.

Insane? Us?

Why, yes! Yes, we are!!!

Did we vote for it? Actually, we sort of did.

Two times, we voted for Hope and Change. As the saying goes, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice..."

Russians have in production and are testing the T-50. One on one it kills every American fighter. F-35 would not have a chance and realize it when the T-50 rapidly over takes it from behind.

I was just wondering about even the strategy of these incredibly expensive planes. Norway has bought several (I forget but like maybe ten) of these and the costs are spiraling way up from what they originally were told. Again the payloads on these and even distance they can cover doesn't seem impressive.
For Norway their traditional possible enemy would be Russia.
So my question about this is, if Russia ever invaded, or attacked, I'm picturing a few F-35s going up to fight, and just a swarm of lesser, cheaper fighters wiping them out because it isn't one on one. My point, wouldn't it be smarter to have a LOT more of a lesser fighter, you could swarm and even if you lose half, the other side with its super expensive and LIMITED fighters is out of commission. Also I get the idea that even if not shot down, the systems in these are so delicate that they wouldn't hold up, or be serviceable and there goes the whole ball game. It seems unrealistic and short sighted to me.

Calvin Coolidge famously said that “the chief business of the American people is business.”
We can revise that now to “the chief business of the American people is death.”

Yikes!!!

There is no business like the bogus American, war business. No enemies; no justification for billions of $ for the war business.The last thing the war profiteers want is peace!

Just think about it: what if the trillions of $ spent by the U.S. government since the offensive invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan was spent on peaceful endeavors?

Kissinger's quote that "American exceptionalism is missionary' and that "the United States has an obligation to spread its values to every part of the world". Sounds like something only someone that belongs in an insane asylum would say.

True, but I would put it this way: the chief business of the American military dictatorship... is death.

Kind of like bush calling the war on Iraq a crusade

4 0 fuk ing Billion.
The amount staggers.