Home | About | Donate

Even as Nadler Intensifies Trump Probes, Progressives Call on Pelosi to Stop 'Putting the Breaks on Impeachment'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/09/09/even-nadler-intensifies-trump-probes-progressives-call-pelosi-stop-putting-breaks

Do we know better than to suspect that a coverup is being done involving both parties?
I don’t see the urgency that trump should be receiving.

5 Likes

It breaks my heart and crushes my spirit to see what has become of our government. It is in a state of collapse just like our environment. We are slow walking over a cliff and people see it, hear it, talk about it and nothing is being done about any of it. Beware, be aware and good luck.

6 Likes

I don’t see how an impeachment can work if the material of it is not properly focused beforehand. Personally, I would place the child separation etc. camps at the top of the list even before the Mueller findings.

If everything is haphazard and out of focus, it will be as if Donald Trump is stepping behind a cloak. Too much detail will swamp the main points. Everything may be covered but only if it all is as much in focus as a strong indictment in a conventional court.

Hearings well done will have elements of the criminal and civil sides of the law but will transcend both. The discussion will not just be about some cowcatcher ordinance or another but will go to the core of the moral beliefs which are the core of the constitution as built by our articulate (if nothing else!) forefathers.

3 Likes

"Step on the gas pedal Nancy."

3 Likes

P’Loser is a totally-owned subsidiary of the Military-Industrial Complex and the Multi-NaZional Korpor­ations of which it is comprised.  She’ll do her best to protect Tweetle-Dumb just as she did her best to protect The Lying Son-of-a-Bush, Cheney, Haspel, Prince et al from being tried as War Criminals and Mnuchin et al for Bank Fraud and Conspiracy.

5 Likes

From my understanding every democrat in the House from Mass has a primary challenger----There needs to be a real credible primary challenge to Pelosi----and here is an opportunity for the Greens-----get a strong green candidate to run against her. The doctoring of this weather map is a crime----and reporting today is that people in the weather service were threatened with being fired if they didn’t lie. And most important Trump is going against the will of Congress by taking money for his wall-----THIS IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL----and the Supreme Court is letting him do this. We are living in a CORPORATE MILITARY POLICE STATE!

4 Likes

77% Of republicans support trump at this time. I am assuming the other 25% are devout Christians, or people not moved by trump’s antics.
Yes the majority of the democrats, the committees, and the leadership all are slow walking to a maybe impeachment.
Like I said over a year ago, trump is going to litigate his wrong doing, to near death of impeachment procedures.
Even the ones pressing forward are doing so like they are dragging anchors behind them.

1 Like

I think Nancy Pelosi is making SAME error as HIllary Clinton: she thinks that Trump is the perfect opponent for 2020–not only for president but down ballot as well. You’d think she could see the bigger picture of all the DAMAGE Trump’s dong–but, she’s a cool operator. Since Pelsoi’s got her $70M in wealth to hell with all the rest of us.

5 Likes

There is a news item today on CNN that Trump caused a high up Russian official to become exposed as our spy !!
He did this in the oval office during a meeting with Lavrov, the Russian foreign sec’y and the russian ambassador to U.S.
Pompeo was CIA and had our source pulled out of Russia.
A house member mused that Putin does have something on Trump that causes el trumpo to constantly defer to Putin.

From here, I think it is a line of credit, really big. Kushner just borrowed 500 million dollars from overseas within the past six weeks.

We must rid ourselves of our Ball & Chain.

2 Likes

You know that I love both Janis and Jimmie

1 Like

Ralph Nader weekly podcast #253

Ralph engages in a spirited debate with Constitutional scholar Alan Hirsch, author of “Impeaching the President: Past, Present, and Future,” about how the history of impeachment informs the case for possibly impeaching Donald Trump.
Date of podcast is January 12, 2019

search=Impeaching+the+President
This includes history of impeachment and the constitutional laws on the procedure

1 Like

shame on me trying to post too many consecutive posts.

1 Like

Was that Jimmie or Jimi?

2 Likes

How about some Byrds?

We, The People have some real problems in this country and these political shenanigans and distractions are being sold as intermission snacks in the Washington Congressional Coliseum and Political Stadium. Remember the last time one wing of our one party system got its nose out of joint because the other wing occupied the White House? Apparently not. And definitely not a sitting president advocating that whatever he did or did not do all depended “upon what the meaning of is is.” This entire fiasco is beyond what is might be and will take a WTF to parse and still not find any meaning to anything. Just another game of Three Card Monty On The Potomac.

1 Like

I cannot backup the car in a straight line and without the dictionary and/or spell check I cannot write. Jimi

The Dems put all their eggs on the Russian Collusion basket & it is unsubstantiated. It is merely a propaganda ploy because the Democrats lost on their own.
Trump is a populist. His base loves him. Impeachment would destabilize the country. Democrats are going to have to stop fighting w their base if there is any hope of beating Trump electorally.
This impeachment nonsense only serves to distract from real issues.
This propaganda ploy has backfired even if Trump deserves to be impeached for other reasons, the action has been trivialized & give appearance of whining. It’s going nowhere.

2 Likes

It makes no sense to me. We have a great tool kit, just like a plumber or auto mechanic and it’s been laid aside for greed. Dubya said it was just a piece of paper and he is proven correct time and time again.