Home | About | Donate

"Even for Pruitt, It's Outrageous": EPA Chief Says US Should Exit Paris Deal

"Even for Pruitt, It's Outrageous": EPA Chief Says US Should Exit Paris Deal

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) chief Scott Pruitt on Thursday explicitly called for the U.S. to remove itself from the Paris climate agreement, one of his strongest remarks yet expressing his opposition to the landmark deal to keep global warming below 2°C.

"Paris is something we need to look at closely. It's something we need to exit in my opinion," Pruitt said in an interview on "Fox & Friends."

"It's a bad deal for America," he said. "It's an 'America second, third or fourth' kind of approach."

It's going to cost us jobs? I think not having a livable planet will cost us more jobs.

Not having a livable planet will cost us our lives. Then all else will be a moot point.

Consider joining this tonight at 8pm eastern time:

Giovanna,
Recent weeks have been a whirlwind of attacks met with mass protest, but it’s not too late to start figuring out how you can be part of the next step in this historic resistance.

There are less than 2.5 weeks until the Peoples Climate March, a full-scale mobilization to stop Trump’s fossil fuel agenda, push forward our vision of a clean energy economy, and build real political power. Tonight, we’re convening a mass call with movement leaders to discuss the work ahead.

The call will be at 8:00 PM Eastern/8:00 PM Pacific – you can tune in here. We’ve invited a powerful lineup of speakers including: Van Jones from Dream Corps, Jordan Marie Daniel from Rising Hearts, and Rabbi Shoshana Meira Friedman from Massachusetts Interfaith Coalition for Climate Action.

Tonight’s speakers are just some of the people who will be marching on April 29 for the better world we all know we need, and we want you by our side.

Talk soon,
Charlie

I
It is time for total, rolling, Gandhian non cooperation!

It won't matter about jobs if there is not a livable planet.

If you are looking at something- you just do not quit!

This is very sad. I hope more people are beginning to realize how dangerous and destructive the Trump administration is.

That's right- jobs won't matter!

Please get involved with an environmental group like Greenpeace ( which I think is suing the administration) or Climate Action Now.

This is why Pruitt wants round the clock protection.

Direct Online Democracy

I think we need round the clock protection from Pruitt.

"The third, broadly, line of work is deconstruction of the administrative state. ... If you look at these cabinet appointees, they were selected for a reason and that is the deconstruction. The way the progressive left runs, is if they can’t get it passed, they’re just going to put in some sort of regulation in an agency. That’s all going to be deconstructed and I think that that’s why this regulatory thing is so important."
-Stephen Bannon at the last CPAC convention