Home | About | Donate

'Even Worse Negotiator Than Trump': Progressives Slam Schumer for Caving to GOP on #TrumpShutdown

'Even Worse Negotiator Than Trump': Progressives Slam Schumer for Caving to GOP on #TrumpShutdown

Jessica Corbett, staff writer
"Dems failed to fight and use their leverage to protect immigrant youth."
Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.)

C’mom! Did anyone paying the least attention really think the craven chucky schumer would do anything but “compromise” DACA & CHIP into the R’Con trump/congressional black hole? “compromise” equals collusion equals complicity equals sellout of progressive voters and our issues!

The sellout DINO clinton’s/Obama DP corporate/banker/wall st sellout wing continues its MO of craven capitulation!

Schumer has done this BS time and time again and if progressives think they will get anything from him or pelosi or sean maloney or cuomo, or any of the other DP R’Con quislings, they got another think coming! Damn them all to Hell!

March, scream, yell, call, write your Congress people–doesn’t seem to matter anymore. They do what they want. They do everything against what the majority of people want. What is our recourse? What is the answer? Are we just screwed? This is not a representative government. What’s next?

Well said.

As part of this CR, the #USSenate will now authorize the same thing the #USHouse did last week — allowing the “intelligence community” to request funds to do whatever they want and bypass Sec 504 of the 1947 National Security Act which mandates oversight by the #USCongress, i.e. a literal unmonitored blank check.

Combine this with their recent approval of FISA Sec 702 which authorizes the surveillance of ALL of us w/o a warrant and signed into law by the nitwit @POTUS, and we now have another leg of fascism in place.

What are YOU going to do about it?

Schumer’s actually very astute. He saw the polls were starting to turn towards blaming the Democrats for the shutdown. He leads a group of lower-profile Democrats to stop the shutdown, while allowing those with aspirations for 2020 like Warren and Harris to posture to the Left.

He minimizes the immediate fallout of blame for the shutdown, and insulates the Presidential hopefuls from charges of being sellouts.

No – Chuck Schumer isn’t a “poor negotiator” as liberal organizations are suggesting.

This is deal making by two parties with the same owners.

Has anyone seen any of the Dem Party leadership out campaigning for National Health
Care for ALL Americans?

Did anyone see Dem Party leadership or even local reps out Marching with Women for
Reproductive Freedom … ?

This is highly destructive behavior by both the Dem/GOP which quite soon is going to come
knocking on your door.

We have the right to self defense – non-violent protest – it’s time.

We the People have been made politically impotent courtesy of the Patriot Act and the NDAA. Both documents are designed to dismantle/override the US Constitution and were pushed through Congress with the help of Democrats. We are dancing on the rim of the abyss that is fascism.

https://educate-yourself.org/cn/patriotact20012006senatevote.shtm6

I just realized the website of the link I posted “can’t be found”. Strange. Same happens to me with progressive European media I frequent who’s sites “can’t be found”. I suspect censorship. Has anyone gotten to that website…??

True –

But if citizens act in the interests of the planet and their own family’s health and
well-being – non-violently – we will also be acting in self-defense against the
capitalist/corporate agenda.

STOP eating animals which are destroying your health.
STOP supporting Elites and Capitalism which is also destroying our planet and your health.

ACT IN YOUR OWN BEST INTERESTS, AS LABOR, AS CONSUMERS AND AGAINST
CORPORATE INTERESTS.

If you still haven’t considered voting third party, your cowardice is breathtaking.

I can understand and feel the outrage, but I wouldn’t place all the blame on Schumer. The Democrats, as a party, has become lazy, complacent and arrogant. I suspect that Schumer had lost too many cowards in the party. The Democrats need to primary those too lazy to fight. You can’t be the leader of a brigade of cowards. For those of us to criticize while in the comfort of our stuffed chairs is the hight of hypocrisy.

So let’s get real here, did the “progressives” actually believe Schumer would be any different? Of course they didn’t.

Chucky onlythenumbersmatter Schumer: “For every blue-collar [working class] Democrat we lose in western Pennsylvania, we will pick up two moderate [read, "white collar] Republicans in the suburbs in Philadelphia, and you can repeat that in Ohio and Illinois and Wisconsin.”

A People’s Government Shutdown: Total, rolling, Gandhian non-cooperation.

Somehow I don’t think Elizabeth Warren is sitting in stuffed chair.

New Yorkers need to rid themselves and the rest of us of this corporate cretin.

Yes. Will that happen? Remains to be seen.

Voting nay:
Hirono (D-HI)
Leahy (D-VT)
Lee (R-UT)
Markey (D-MA)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Merkley (D-OR)
Murphy (D-CT)
Paul (R-KY)
Sanders (I-VT)
Tester (D-MT)
Warren (D-MA)
Wyden (D-OR)

Capitulation by Schumer like Obama is why dems lost both house and senate in 2010.

Dems do not learn or the party leaders are looking out for themselves and their corporate donors.

And who loses big time? We the people.

Nor is Sanders, but here is the partial list of brave souls. I’m actually surprised that it is this large a few more to add.
.Hirono (D-HI)
Leahy (D-VT)
Lee (R-UT)
Markey (D-MA)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Merkley (D-OR)
Murphy (D-CT)
Paul (R-KY)
Sanders (I-VT)
Tester (D-MT)
Warren (D-MA)
Wyden (D-OR)

Courage literally has a number

Don’t let “WE THE PEOPLE OFF” to easily. We share a big chunck o the blame.