Home | About | Donate

'Every Vote Must Be Counted': Democracy Defenders Face Off Against Trump Lies About Election Results

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/04/every-vote-must-be-counted-democracy-defenders-face-against-trump-lies-about

3 Likes

“I’m a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns and money
The shit has hit the fan.”
-Warren Zevon

3 Likes

" they are finding votes all over the place, so bad for our country" Trump

Translation: IT IS BEGINNING TO LOOK LIKE I DID NOT CHEAT GOOD ENOUGH!.

4 Likes

I agree. To quote the Joker from Batman:This town needs an enema!

1 Like

I have to say that I’m surprised that there are so many stupid voters in America. I didn’t think the presidential election would be as close as it is. I thought it would be a Biden blowout. I don’t understand how McConnell and Graham were re-elected to the Senate. McConnell has been a Senator for 36 years, let someone else try their hand at it. We desperately need term limits for Congress and SCOTUS.

4 Likes

It might be interesting and refreshing at the same time to see foreign governments step in to our election process if it is delegitamized by the turd in chief. The United States has certainly stuck it’s nose in several legitimate foreign elections over the years, with deadly results for citizens of those countries . Documented history of illegal U.S. intervention beginning in the 1890’s demonstrates this quite clearly. And no, I haven’t forgotten about the native americans as victims , because in the context I’m referring, the US wasn’t a country when the crime was initiated. That story is a crime to be dealt with at another time.

2 Likes

I’m not surprised because regettably I live in the southern ohio bible belt, need I say more. You are definitely correct about term limits,however, limits are not enough as one term gives you a full pension with minimal restriction on lobby activity following your service as a senator or house member. No compensated involvement in politics should be permitted under any circumstances. With restrictions as these , you would only attract altruistic people of the caliber the rest of us need and deserve, instead of the trash currently " serving" us.

4 Likes

More people voted than ever before and it’s a good thing. Biden will be a better president and humanity will be better for it. If you’re going to spend all your time tearing down America then you have to have reasonable solutions for her renaissance. The electoral system is working and real men gave their real lives so we can bitch about it. Democrats are winning the presidency and it’s a very good thing. If you don’t like all the self-serving Republicans and their pecking order; then change them. Have a nice evening. Trump is burning the papers in the basement and planning his scorched earth retreat. We do deserve better as does humanity but this is the dish we’re served and what choice do we have but to do our best. Trump’s lawsuits will continue so King is going to be distracted.

2 Likes

The antics by trumpty dumpty and his cohorts over the last few months prove beyond doubt that FASCISM is once again on the rise. The thug-in-chief has been fostering it around the world for years, since long before he became president. The sad thing is that the MAJORITY of those who voted last time around did NOT want him as president. Time for the electoral college to be scrapped to make ALL votes count.

SInce when did Trump invent fostering fascism? The US has been doing it at lease since just after WWII. Time to own it.

Just off the top of my head:

Iran
Guatemala
Dominican Republic
Venezuela
Chile
Haiti
… on up to Honduras (under Obama)
and Bolivia.

Details in Killing Hope by William Blum

1 Like

“Every vote must be counted”

Yeah, sure. Where was the outrage during the democrat primary? This is nothing but theatrics trying to convince us that we have a democracy.