Home | About | Donate

'Everything He Says Is False': CDC Director Overheard Condemning Trump Covid Adviser for Spreading Misinformation

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/09/28/everything-he-says-false-cdc-director-overheard-condemning-trump-covid-adviser

3 Likes

Funny, but the same people criticizing Atlas, have no problem agreeing with that another “Expert” and Neurosurgeon, Sanjay Gupta on CNN. I guess it depends what side of the aisle you are on.

Me, if at appears to make sense with data behind it, I’ll listen to that person, regardless of party affiliation. However, alternative views are hard to find especially due the suppression of their views by the MSM. I found UnHerd to be a valuable site for information.

Interview in Jacobin Magazine with Martin Kulldorff, Professor of medicine and Katherine Yih, biologist and epidemiologist both at Harvard Medical School, is quite good. ~https://jacobinmag.com/2020/09/covid-19-pandemic-economy-us-response-inequality

Here’s a snippet form Martin Kulldorf:

“I am very concerned about the collateral damage of lockdowns. In public health policy, we cannot just consider the present consequences of one single disease. We must think more broadly, considering all short- and long-term health outcomes. For example, we must consider the effects of postponed cancer screenings, less favorable cardiovascular disease outcomes, plummeting childhood vaccination rates, fewer dental cleanings, worsening mental health, and more house evictions.
Another example is school closings. Good education is not only important for academic achievement and financial well-being; it is also critical for the mental and physical health of children and into their subsequent adulthood. Kids have minimal risk from this virus, and it is sad that we are sacrificing our children instead of properly protecting the elderly and other high-risk groups.”

3 Likes

Trump hires only the worst people, people who lie for him, people who hate science, who are ghouls and charlatans.
He makes Nixon look like a saint.

3 Likes

Let’s get this straight. Are you saying that the head of the CDC, Dr. Robert Redfield, a Trump appointee, is the worst kind of person, a liar, a science hater, a ghoul, and a charlatan?

In my view, your TDS is reaching troubling levels. In one comment after another, your:

blanket statements,
dubious assertions,
opinions presented as facts,
culture war flame fanning using right wing talking points,
accusations aimed at Trump that also apply to Democrats,
and outright distortions,

paint a sad picture of your mental health.

Although I’m not a doctor, I urge you to switch to decaf.

5 Likes

The only poster suffering from derangement here is you, Septic Tank.

4 Likes

So you’re in agreement on Dr. Redfield? He’s a ghoul?

1 Like

I urge you to switch yourself away from posting comments defending Trump and attacking those of us who point out that Trump is the most sinister and dangerous president ever.
Redfield is no hero. He has a checkered past with several scandals, including falsifying research data to make money, and being in bed with theocratic evangelicals.
He’s also a volunteer in the American war crimes organization.
Most people here recognize that you’re a Trumper, so the propaganda value of your comments is nil.
You’re not an intelligent skeptic, but you’re definitely in the tank.

1 Like

Once Redfield allowed himself to be sidelined by a ghoul, he became an accessory to said ghoulishness.

3 Likes

In what part of my comment above did I defend Trump?
That’s two honest questions I’ve asked, and I now expect you to rudely ignore them.

3 Likes

That strikes me as an apt recommendation. Too much public health policy in the age of covid19 is driven by what I would call viral fundamentalism. Viral fundamentalist health policy masquerades as science, with elaborate charts and graphs. Policy decisions are made strictly on the basis of viral infection data. No effort is made to determine if these policy decisions are likely to lead to less suffering and death or more suffering and death. Policies which might lead to greater suffering and death are rationalized and legitimized solely with reference to data about covid19.

It is not “scientific” to formulate public health policies on viral infection data alone. The best scientific policy is the one that leads to the least overall suffering and death. Ignoring collateral consequences of lockdowns is not scientific. Nor, for that matter, are fear and shaming tactics used to coerce obedience to scientifically unsound public health policies.

(Note: I fully support, and practice, all recommended prophylactic measures to stem the spread of covid19. I reject the idea that government has the power to coerce these measures, however. I also reject the idea that the covid19 pandemic gives government has the power to shut down people’s livelihoods or stop people from gathering in public places. Government power regarding viral pandemics, in my view, extends only as far as sharing information and making scientifically well-founded recommendations. It does not extend to shutting down workplaces, jobs, schools, parks, theaters, museums, or assemblies. If people want to gather, government has an obligation to warn people about the dangers. But government does not have the power to stop people from gathering.)

2 Likes

How has he Dr. Redfield been sidelined?
He’s testified before Congress numerous times.
He’s confirming the widely held belief that Dr. Atlas is dangerous in this very article.

I’m getting the impression that you, like CarolEllison, think in knee jerk terms. Thus, by your standards, there is literally no one Trump could appoint because they would all be ghouls by default.

4 Likes

I’d like to know who these “most people” are, because i suspect it’s just you.

7 Likes

Oh, please. Your comment is beyond the pale. @SkepticTank is most definitely NOT a trumpist. This is obvious. His comments are nothing at all like what a trumpist would write. And you know this perfectly well.

Please stop being so goddamn disingenuous. These comment threads are not forums for asinine verbal combat, ad hominem attacks, or straw man arguments. You can’t just come on here and pretend that one of your interlocutors is a trumpist, and then spout absurd allegations. We all have an obligation to be intellectually honest here.

Please address your interlocutors’ arguments. If you are unwilling or unable to address your interlocutors’ arguments, then please pass over them in silence.

11 Likes

This is funny. You write a comment defending another commenter whose comments predictably attack Democrats and defend Trump.
Your comment is concern trolling, which is always specious.
To add to the irony, you screech about “asinine verbal combat, ad hominem attacks, or straw man arguments,” while engaging in the exact same behavior you tell me not to engage in, lol.
I also laugh that you think you can tell me what I know, and whether or not I should be “silent.”
One of the main Trump troll strategies is to have multiple accounts with different names, and/or to have several trolls upvoting each other’s troll comments and defending each other.
There are several stalkers here who follow me around and attack my comments, and what’s weird is, they often use the exact same language and phrases, almost like they’re writing from a script. Wow, what a surprise, ha ha.
You think you can intimidate me, but you’re wrong. I’ll continue to post comments pointing out that Trump, his gang, and his cult have put America into a Germany 1934 situation, and that a purge of these virulent enemies is necessary.

2 Likes

She joined two weeks ago to spread the Biden Cheer. (prolly on the DNC payroll?) And spends her time bickering with anyone critical of Biden/democrats while at the same time often ending her rants critical of Biden.

This Vote Blue No Matter Who expectation from the democratic party and their sycophants is the kind of stuff that makes the democratic party rotten and caused me to change my registration to Independent.

7 Likes

Well, I wish you all the best. I certainly hope that your nation rids itself of rump dump in November.

Amen to that.

Are you one of those Correct The Record trolls?

3 Likes

While there were some semi-ghouls like Tillerson, Mattis and Bolton willing to work for Tweetle-Dumb early on, it’s pretty clear by now that only ghouls are really welcome in the current administration and the non-ghoulish are either ‘converted’, squeezed out, or essentially silenced when their outright dismissal might prove embarrassing and/or pol­itically costly.  Redfield was hardly without controversy before being appointed, but neither has he been outspokenly critical of Atlas, so he probably falls into to the semi-ghoul category rather than the utter filth category like Pompeo, Giuliani, DeVos and Barr.

Atlas, OTOH, is clearly a ghoul:

“It Is What It Is,” shrugged Atlas . . .

We don’t think we can intimidate you.

We know we can debate you and win by pointing out your (and I’m happy to repeat myself as you do so often with your silly lists):

blanket statements,
dubious assertions,
opinions presented as facts,
culture war flame fanning using right wing talking points,
accusations aimed at Trump that also apply to Democrats,
and outright distortions.

And by the way, I’ve been commenting from precisely the same perspective here for three-and-a-half years, not two weeks like you. You wouldn’t know a troll if it bit you in the ass.

3 Likes