Home | About | Donate

'Evil, Evil, Evil': Protester Condemns Sessions During Unveiling of Trump Policy to Rip Immigrant Families Apart

'Evil, Evil, Evil': Protester Condemns Sessions During Unveiling of Trump Policy to Rip Immigrant Families Apart

Julia Conley, staff writer

In Scottsdale, Ariz. on Monday, Attorney General Jeff Sessions was greeted by a protester with a bullhorn who denounced Sessions as "evil" as he outlined the Trump administration's new "zero tolerance" policy for parents who attempt to cross the U.S.-Mexico border with children—one that will forcibly separate families and subject parents to prosecution.

Yes we are an evil country of evil people. This…all of this is on the people of this country for allowing our democracy to die and the fascists to take over without even making an attempt to stop them. In the end ignorance is no excuse. Now we will reap the bitter harvest of our apathy.

Since U.S. policies caused much of the social breakdown in the asylum seekers’ home countries, could the U.S. government not at least help financially to resettle them in safer Latin American countries? Language and cultural issues would not be such a problem for these suffering people if they were given help to settle in countries like, say, Chile and Argentina. As someone who fled the U.S for Uruguay when Trump was elected, I can assure you the living is far better here than in the U.S. But asylum-seekers would need financial help to start over. Why not spend money on that instead of on a wall, border patrols and welfare costs? Make it worth their while to stay in Latin America and they’ll be happier and more productive. The American Dream is dead and no one has let these people know.

I’m thinking this is right out of the Nazi play-book, am I wrong?

Going after our kids CHIP program and this “directive” speaks volumes as to how sick this administration/country is. I say country because no one in Congress is putting a stop to the madness. And it is madness, this destruction of humane values.

The shame of it all is, there is no one to call on to stop the madness. Only us and our voices don’t count. Makes me sick.

Trump and his minions are turning into Nazis right before our eyes. Their alt-right goons are ready to start patrolling the streets like Nazi brown shirts. It’s a good thing the Antifa is much stronger than them.
If Mueller doesn’t hurry up and take Trump down, the people will have to start a permanent assembly in DC to hold them all accountable, and that includes the corrupt corporate neoliberal Democrats too.

Separating children from their parents. Removing tens of millions of Americans from their health insurance.
Legally-sanctioned sadism.

Your last line hurts.

We can imagine how those on the receiving end feel.

But General Beauregard Sessions and his brother Pence as such “good” Christians. How could they do anything wrong? The right wing evangelicals love them even when they do sinful things. Now if an undocumented, poor or minority does those same sins - well they are condemned. I think it has something to do with a thing call “White Supremacy.” yes, that nasty little belief system that does away with truth and justice. We live in the United States of Hypocrisy.

yea, but torture is ok.

people in the U.S. do not seem to be able to connect the dots of what their own government has done to disrupt the peace and stability in so many of these countries but they seem to buy into the “illegal immigrant” is all bad bull. If the truth was only known.

We have had fascism for a long time in the U.S. We should never forget what happened to those is slavery or native americans or other groups that didn’t fit the agendas of the oligarchy. Isn’t the draft a form of fascism? What else?

Below a concise account of USof torture. One missing factor is the illegal treatment of refugees many who have been tax paying people contributing to society for decades.

In short the answer is yes. America has had a love of fascism since it’s creation and before there was even the word to describe it. But there is a difference between fascist tendencies and outright and unrestrained fascism in the form that taken over. It is still couched in lies and hidden by smoke and mirrors, but once the people, if the people ever get their heads out of the asses long enough to recognize what has actually happened, then my friend the real face behind the mask will be revealed, and the jackboots will make themselves felt in full measure. It is a new dark ages we enter my friend.

" The new policy is the latest example of harmful actions by the Department of Homeland Security against immigrant families, hindering their right to seek asylum in our country and denying parents the right to remain with their children. "

The way i’m reading this, the policy only applies to persons trying to enter illegally (i.e illegal immigrants or, the way one CD staff writer put it: “adults trying to accompany their children across the border” :grin:).

If someone shows up at the US POE they can request asylum and go thru the usual process. Nobody is hindering their right to seek asylum.