Home | About | Donate

Exclusive: Snowden Tried to Tell NSA About Surveillance Concerns, Documents Reveal

Exclusive: Snowden Tried to Tell NSA About Surveillance Concerns, Documents Reveal

Jason Leopold, Marcy Wheeler, and Ky Henderson, VICE News

On the morning of May 29, 2014, an overcast Thursday in Washington, DC, the general counsel of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI), Robert Litt, wrote an email to high-level officials at the National Security Agency and the White House.

The topic: what to do about Edward Snowden.

Or it could be a front to make us believe a double or possible triple agent's story. The strange thing is that nothing he has said wasn't already known in regular media outlets. But he could be the real thing. I think no one will truly know, it will all lie along belief, which is known to be easily manipulated in general.

Disgusting attempt at playing Detective Columbo to make sure to retain the aura of deception around Snowden. Another soldier boy moonlighting here, is it?

Lol! I guess critical questions are offensive. For an obvious 911 truther like you, I honestly would have not expected this response. Let me guess, you didn't go look up 'Harley Guy'. Well, it seems at this point that the Nonbeliever and you should have a beer together LOL. Anyhow, steer clear of critical questions and remain in your belief systems...oh, and have a happy day :grin:

It's possible he was a bit naive in the beginning and then quickly realized that the only thing the NSA was concerned about was taking him out.
Let this be a lesson to future whistle blowers. If you have information that you know will land you in prison or worse, find a country that will accept your request for asylum, PRIOR to releasing the info.

Anyone that believes that whistle blowers will be protected, much less honored or revered is sadly delusional. If you blow the whistle you will be hounded and reviled and lied about and driven from your country. Just walk in lock step, smile and nod and shout Yes, Sir! when it is required to do so.