Home | About | Donate

#ExecutiveTime Takes Off After 3 Months of Trump's Daily Schedules Leaked

#ExecutiveTime Takes Off After 3 Months of Trump's Daily Schedules Leaked

Common Dreams staff

Somebody inside the Trump White House leaked three month's worth of the president's daily schedule, which Axios published on Sunday afternoon, and the internet quickly took up the cause by ridiculing the nation's chief executive for the amount of time he reportedly spends holed up in his private residence each day watching television, reading newspapers, sending bizarre tweets, and making phone calls.

1 Like

What a slacker, he could be at the country club golfing with Obama.

3 Likes

Instead of the taxpayers paying him for the position, he should be paying us Millions for the privilege of ripping us off.

3 Likes

The inmates are running the asylum. Well, we already knew that.

2 Likes

…Where’s Melanoma in all of this…still at Mar-a-Lago?..

1 Like

I see this as a good thing, imagine how much damage he could do to this country if he put in a full days work. We should be encouraging him to sleep in everyday.

5 Likes

I dont find this relevant or realistic criticism. It is just harassment. I am not a Trump fan. But i dont see any point in asking a government executive to account for every minute of his day. I am quite sure he agonizes about everything he and everyone else in his cabinet does. And i certainly dont think it needs to be public.
I would expect and hope that thinking takes up a lot more time than doing.

1 Like

Yeah, sleep with the fishes.

If only we could figure out a way to allow him to spend 100% of his day in “executive time” the nation–and the world–would be a better place.

1 Like

“I dont find this relevant or realistic criticism.”

Helen, being president of the United States is a full-time job…and then some. This moron is working with about a quarter of the brain power of an Obama, and he still insists in taking off most of the day. In other words, the nation is running on automatic, or the likes of Stephen Miller are the ones who are running the show. You don’t remember all the BS trump said as a candidate that he would be too busy to golf because he’d be working, working, working–all the time while slamming Obama? (and I’m not an Obama nor Hillary admirer, but at least they knew what it was to work).

So no, I don’t agree with your point that this criticism is out of bounds. If this POS had been called out a long time ago, perhaps we wouldn’t have to suffer through his presidency today.

1 Like

Suffering through his presidency today,

Well, anyone who voted for him after watching him on his TV show was definitely not voting for him, but rather against the opposition. I guess that means it is imperative that both parties field reasonable candidates.

I’m hoping Tuesday’s SOTU speech is as uplifting as it can be. Will he threaten the democrats, lie about the condition of the country, state a condition of war-watch, or just plain brag and blame.
Oh yah, elections have consequences.

If you honestly think Trump is spending his ‘executive time’ thinking sorry Helen, you must be the stupidest person on earth as well as unconscious for the past couple of years. He is lazy and a willfully ignorant mentally deficient narcissist. Get a grip Helen, this is precisely the relevant and realistic criticism, because at the bottom line, he is not doing the job he was hired to do… any you have affirmed what I was sure of anyway… you ARE a full blown Trump apologist. Begone troll.

merf - I don’t want to make anyone defensive, but I’d really be happy to see a day wherein I see no one using the word troll in a reply to someone who disagrees with an opinion.

The word ‘troll’ should be used only when it is explicitly warranted, e.g. when someone is using the ‘post’ function to post repeatedly the same reply for the purposes of disallowing the normal flow of conversation, or to ‘bait’ others into a fight.

1 Like

We all can count on the lies in the SOTU speech to be filthy and numerous.

Little to nothing will be believable.

1 Like

Reasonable in terms of Corporate Servitude.

What a piece of shit he is! During the campaign he made jokes about Obama supposedly spending too much time playing golf and then told the assembled idiots at his rallies that he would be working hard for them and wouldn’t have time to play golf. So, OF COURSE, the truth turned out to be the opposite of what this Orange Pustule said. My position with respect to this egomaniac is that he is always lying, especially when he is talking about himself. He is the most mentally ill president in U.S. history and I despise the morons who still cheer for him at the rallies that he kept holding even after he was installed in the Oval Office. The only truthful thing I ever heard this treasonous turd say was - “I am the only person who matters.”

1 Like

Your comments are beyond naive. Trump is a lazy, greedy, ignorant, authoritarian piece of shit. There were people after this walking clusterf*ck was “elected” who tried to cover for his obvious egomania and incompetency who said - “Give him some time to “grow” into the presidency”. Tell me, Helen, how much do you think this colossal asshole has “grown” in his office? His mal-administration is a disaster on all levels and it looks to me as if it will just get worse. “I am not a Trump fan”. Well, your comments do not support that. I am an ardent Trump hater. I find him the most abhorrent piece of shit and he disgraces our country just about every time he opens his pie hole.

1 Like

jeez - I replied very politely to your comment attacking me a few days ago after you reacted to my criticism of Sherrod Brown (you probably mistook my use of you = Sherrod Brown for you = merf).

Now I wish I hadn’t - it is you who needs to learn some manners - your attack of @helen is worthy of flagging as inappropriate (which I did). Get a grip.

Feel free to stick your unasked for opinion where the sun don’t shine Princess… I will use the vocabulary I think applies. I did, I do and I will. That’s not defensive, that’s fact.