Home | About | Donate

Expecting 'Goodies' for Fast Track Vote? New Report Cautions Lawmakers on Broken Promises

Although the corporate media spins it otherwise, the reason the GOP won control of Houses Congress in 1994, 2002 and 2010 was the respective Congressional Democrats voting in favor of Clinton's NAFTA, Dubya's regressive tax cuts, and Obama's ACA.

Although the correlation is less direct, the 2014 GOP winning control of the Senate was enabled by Senators' votes on regressive Obama agenda issues.

Many electeds don't care if they lose the next election since the K Street jobs they slip into pay 5 to 10 times their federal salaries.

No TPP, period.

Hopefully House Democrats will remember Obama's 2010 ACA stunt that turned out to be Dennis Kucinich's Air Force One guillotine that ended up not only draining Kucinich's progressive cred, but also redistricted him out of office.

One has to wonder what in the world Obummer said to Kucinich on that flight to make him switch? I was very disappointed, especially when we all saw that the ACA was just a ruse to keep for profit "healthcare" the dominant form in this country. Once again the DisUnited States trails the industrialized world in its human services. However, we ARE the leading arms dealer on the planet so I guess that is something.

President Bush II was the first person I realized had no concern for what people thought about him, almost everything he did was anti-life, anti-Earth and at war with Cosmos.

Obama is the same only more so, an eloquent forked tongue deceiver.

We the people are cosmic powered biology manifest as humans surfing Big Still Banging, at life speed.

Central plan nazi fascist corporatism is attacking humanity and thus proves it insanely believes an oligarchy can direct Big Still Banging.

Many governments are attempting to silence science, for example, Canada, England, and the US. It is futile to resist cosmic powered biology. We the people focus distributed intelligence with democracy, a nation is not required for real democracy to function.

Congressmen and Senators take this oath before entering office, and at the opening of each session of Congress:
* "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God."
* The President takes an even simpler oath:
* "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."
* Remind your alleged Representatives of their oaths.
* How about the Supreme Court?
* "I, [NAME], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent upon me as [TITLE] under the Constitution and laws of the United States. So help me God." [Underlining is my emphasis]
* When I was a kid, I was taught that my word was my bond and keeping it was a matter of honor. I don't know what is taught in grade school, law schools and political science classes these days, but I see little or no keeping of the oaths taken.
* As I told my Congressman, "That oath is binding. Crossing your fingers behind your back does not count."
;-})

I dont want anyone taking ANY oaths - especially to a piece of paper which can then be twisted around to force the person to commit all sorts of savagery. I want my representatives and president to only commit to be guided by compassion, egalitarianism, and scientific analysis of humanity's and the planet's problems and solutions.

And I understand the need for a document outlining the procedures for governance and basic human rights - but the US constitution does not do that. The bill of rights is a yellow piece of parchment between two pieces of glass in a pure helium atmosphere lowered into a near-miss atomic bomb proof steel enclosure at night on Constitution Ave in DC, providing vague guidance to be interpreted every few years by a priesthood of old men in robes. They do no good to me there. Human rights need to be in the actual, living, Federal, state and municipal codes - title, part, subpart, paragraph, subparagraph - as they are in the countries that have a better record of respecting human rights. Why do you think cops violate people's rights with impunity? Becasue there are no actual laws against it!

Ah Yes,

The ACA Judas Goat, Dennis Kucinich. I wonder if the NSA has that dirty deal sealed between Obama and Dennis at 30,000 feet digitally stored somewhere? Thirty pieces of Insurance Company Silver was it? And When Dennis said "No", I imagine a video of Senator Paul Wellstone dying in his airplane was played....

Dennis correctly objected to the Obama-Bait-and-Switch that morphed midway from "a doctor for all", into "Buy my insurance policy or go to jail."

How can anyone negotiate in good faith with an ex-CIA man who claims he has the right to assassinate anyone, anywhere, anytime and no investigation is permitted? Where did Obama learn this kind of mobster deal-making? That's right: From his time as a "Community Organizer" in Chicago kicking poor people out of their buildings to make way for high-end Real Estate developers. I have since learned that "Community Organizer" is Chicago slang for GANGSTER.

Al Capone used to have friendly little chats with dissenting representatives at high altitude in his Penthouse also. It frequently ending in "his boys" the next day paying an unannounced social call to the dissenting reps' offices in the form of a motorcade with free complementary "heaters" flashing though the windows.

Nothing personal Pal-lie, just a little "redistricting."

The guts of the article--that Congresspersons can't count on the payoff they were promised-- is irrelevant here.

Why?

Congresspersons won't have to vote for fast track because of a promissory note.. We've had about two weeks since the Senate gave Obama fast track power. ''There's been plenty of time for undecided Congresspersons to be provided a extremely well-funded PAC for their re-election''. Money is no problem to pass a piece of legislation that, without voting by citizens and without a shot being fired,makes the 'western and European world a Corporatracy. And the money, all the money, is legal. The trillions that this legislation will make for corporations as they legally lower or remove any restrictions in their drive for profits when they override environmental, worker, and health regulations makes a few million IN A CONGRESSPERSON"S PAC BANK a small investment for the new world order in which the profit-motive overrides everything else--environment, racial, religious. Nothing promissory has to be involved. Hard cash, in the bank, perhaps already for weeks.; This is too big for corporate power not to do everything it can to bribe Congress folks to pass fast track. Welcome to a new world order under CEOs.

And, as I count the votes, CHIEF Corporate HUCKTSER Obama already has the votes--plenty of time to make deals for buying votes,

Perhaps he was shown the door and invited to leave if he didn't agree; in fact they'd help him!
* Just speculating, of course.
;-})

Has a US treaty ever been honored? The US political elite has often spoken with a forked tongue.

So these movers and shakers who diddle us regularly will diddle each other? Gee, what a surprise.

These favors are disgustingly small in exchange for selling their constituents down the river. But I don't think these known promises are the important ones; I suspect that the beneficiary corporations and trade associations make direct, secret deals with the ones they have to win over--if you're kicked out of office, you can go straight into some well-paid sinecure. And the new rep who replaces them might be pure, committed, passionate in support of human people's rights (as opposed to the corporate "persons'' rights) but it will be irrelevant, as these agreements essentially remove legislative power from Congress and state legislatures and hand it to corporations.

The Constitution with its Bill of Rights were a rule and guide for this country that worked well for over two centuries. Read it carefully and you will understand why. They were not just pieces of parchment preserved under glass. People used to know the Constitution and what it meant and they worked to preserve it in spirit, in their hearts. They worked to make it succeed.
* Even the Founders of this country, who warned about the power of banks and wealth, never thought that that mass of wealth would be able to buy all three branches of the government. That is why the checks and balances were put in the document.
* Many of the Founders of the United States warned about vigilance being necessary to avoid the banksters taking over. Lincoln said during the Civil War, "I have two enemies. The Confederate army before me and the banks behind me." [That's close, but I don't have time to check the exact wording]
* TR and FDR both worked to get the banksters under control and break up the trusts. That left We the People in pretty good shape until actors and song and dance men began to take charge.
* The senile Ronald Reagan's handlers managed to spike the guns of democratic government and hand it back to the banksters and its been down hill ever since.
* What leaders of social consciousness have arisen since have been, for the most part, assassinated, leaving us with a legacy of con men and grifters that have just given more and more power to their bankster handlers and paymasters.
* Don't blame the Constitution for a government of con men. We haven't paid attention, or have been bought by their phony promises.
* If We the People don't manage to curb or remove them, then our goose has not only been cooked, but has been eaten at the bankster's table.
;-})

I used to think offering things to Congress in exchange for their vote was bribery. I guess things have changed. I assume that everyone in Congress must be aware that our president is just fast talk and spin and never comes through with anything. On the other hand us voters are more reliably. If any member of Congress votes for a corporate friendly bill that does not serve the interests of all the people, we can promise them a vote for who ever is running against them in the next election. All the president is giving them is words. The voters can give them a real pink slip.

Being from the show me state, HarryTruman said "if you want a friend in Washington D.C., get a dog".