Home | About | Donate

'Explosive': Office of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis Attempted to Squash Newspaper's Lawsuit Seeking Coronavirus Records

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/04/12/explosive-office-florida-gov-ron-desantis-attempted-squash-newspapers-lawsuit

5 Likes

Why hide this information, how does it help fight the problem?

4 Likes

This type of nonsense is all over. Louisiana stopped reporting the names of nursing homes with Covid-19 clusters. The only report the number of homes now.

Texas is stopping people entering from Louisiana, and requiring a 14 day self-quaratine, with $1000 penalty. ~https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/coronavirus/article_b7a0a1b2-7ab0-11ea-8860-5b76079e25e5.html

5 Likes

Florida voters, over the last 25 or so years, have developed an uncanny knack for always
picking idealogues, nincompoops, and/or crooks as their Governor. It is beyond sad to behold.

14 Likes

This guy is just another brown nose bootlicker of the con man & I can think immediately of 3 other current FL poliicians that fall into the same category.

6 Likes

typical republican miscreant; can’t live with them, could most easily and pleasurably live WITHOUT the sorry pieces of shit!

5 Likes

Seeing how public health and disaster response agencies have been dismantled during the past four decades, the US gubmit’s and many state gubmits’ COVID-19 responses are being driven by marketing consultants.

8 Likes

Lie upon lie, deceit after deceit, endless corruptyion and cronyism, endless manipulations aznd so much more destructive crap from the trump regime and the great pumpkin; and still the idiots ignore the crimes and support this regime and its contempt for them and every other American. Why? Apparently stupidity and ignorance reign supreme. At least in this rare case, our mostly bought-out mass media, Fourth Estate, is doing their critical job, exposing the crimes of this truly evil regime and its sycophant politician lackeys.

8 Likes

“Stupidity and ignorance” propagated by masters of deceit.

Having brought propaganda into the modern era Josef Goebbels and his feuhrer would be proud seeing their work so refined and advanced in Murka.

4 Likes

Tell me about it.I’m smack-dab in the middle of this state, and surrounded by those very “nincompoops” you so rightly call out…I can no longer attempt to contemplate what people are seeing, or thinking, when they support people like Rick Scott, DeSantis, most of the Florida legislature, etc., etc…These guys are the real-life embodiment of the characters in a Carl Hiaasen novel

8 Likes

Republicans love swagger and those who thumb their noses at intelligence. So now we are ruled by folks who are totally out of their element when facing a real crisis.

7 Likes

Floridians have the makings of a wrongful death civil lawsuit based on the negligent actions of their gov…

The mass of American citizens also will have this “wrongful death” civil lawsuit option once the details of who knew what and when becomes known.

Q: why did the CDC say there was no need to wear a mask - for months - when it was a known known that the transmission was “airborne”???

5 Likes

I think that everything these politicians do is driven by a combination of marketing consultants, Ayn Rand acolytes, and/or Christian Fundmentalists. Oh, yeah, money too.

5 Likes

A perfect analogy, vaquero. I have the misfortune of being in one of the reddist parts, NE Florida, myself.

1 Like

Q: why did the CDC say there was no need to wear a mask - for months - when it was a known known that the transmission was “airborne”?

A: They had no stockpiled supply and they didn’t want us peons out buying them up - or knowing that they would help protect us. They would obviously rather have people get infected and die than admit they are idiots.

7 Likes

Dont forget Gaetz & Gimenez

3 Likes

Yet another Yale and Harvard grad bringing stupendous idiocy, stupidity, and sociopathy into the world, like Pompeo. How’s that “ideological diversity” stuff working out for you, Ivy League trustees?

4 Likes

Tell me about it. Arizona, like Florida, is a retirement state and most of those old farts vote (I can call them that because I’m old, too). I think dementia gets a hold on many of them before they go to the polls. Another reason is the selfish republican one: “I got mine. To hell with you. I don’t want my tax money to go to welfare moms who buy steaks with their food stamps and I’m sure as hell not wanting to pay for social programs.” Hucksters and conmen are good at stealing their votes.

8 Likes

We’re fighting two pandemics simultaneously. My numbers show that we turned the corner nationally on the coronavirus on or around Tuesday, April 7. Those numbers are at *ttp://quakerworks.net/statecoronavirusstatistics.htm Our second pandemic is the corruption virus and we haven’t turned the corner at all.

The best known example of exponential growth is nuclear fission. Take the control rods out of a nuclear reactor and the fission reaction will grow exponentially until all the uranium and water inside vaporizes and the reactor top pops clean off, as happened at Chernobyl and at Fukushima. Put the control rods back in and the fission reaction drops exponentially to near-zero.

We’re going to see some seriously brain-free politicians and others try to take some of the controls back off of the covid-19 pandemic. The correct strategy is first to wait until the pandemic is completely cold, then remove only a few of the controls, so that the pandemic stays completely cold. We’re going to have people bringing a few new cases per day into the U.S. from other countries for the next year at least, so removing all the controls is stark crazy.

2 Likes

Fox News has, over the last quarter century, dumbed down America to an astonishing degree. They have evolved propaganda to an art form, resulting in 35-40 percent of our
population becoming largely delusional, therefore very malleable.

4 Likes