Home | About | Donate

Extinction Rebellion

Extinction Rebellion

Chris Hedges

There is one desperate chance left to thwart the impending ecocide and extinction of the human species.

4 Likes

We could have saved humanity, but it was too expensive.

10 Likes

Chris, I shall leave to you watch over the prevention of the extinction of the human species. I shall look after the bugs and the bunnies, as I trust their instincts with the reset button over ours.

3 Likes

Rise brothers and sisters with the might and fury of a trillion lost and squandered lives in the dark satanic clutches of the wasted world of human history. Today is the beginning of the beginning or the beginning of the end. Cross the Rubicon, rise like lions after slumber. May compassion melt our hardened hearts and the Great Awakening enlighten our indoctrinated minds. Make no mistake this is all our fight, you can’t be neutral on a moving train. Freedom calls!

4 Likes

If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. … We need not wait to see what others do.
Mahatma Gandhi

7 Likes
3 Likes

Extinction of the Elites is Essential.

8 Likes

The end of civilization predates extinction. Do we live in a civilization that has lost the will to survive? I like sortition.

1 Like

I can see it. The radicalization of America. How many dead before we second guess our revolt.

1 Like

From the article:

"Once you get violent, police and the state have an excuse to remove you. It’s got to be cultural. You make it into a sort of Woodstock affair. Then thousands more people come onto the streets.”

If there is no violence, the police can be depended on to bring it with them, as with the Occupy Wall Street movement. Mass demonstrations, especially sustained ones like Occupy, terrify our “ruling” class, if for no other reason than that they allow genuine person-to-person dialogue to take place free from corporate disinformation.

Thus we see agents provocateurs, informers and “Black Bloc” tactics deployed to disrupt and discredit protests, which will grow and spread as individuals come to see that their problems are not unique and personal, but universal and systemic. From that comes the knowledge that, just as the problems are universal and systemic, so are the solutions.

Rule of thumb: the first one who talks about Molotov cocktails is an undercover cop. Beware.

10 Likes

Well I think its pretty clear that we have to be nonviolent. I broke my long vow not to participate in social media to join Twitter just so I could do my part to save the planet from the worst scenarios, finding out how much fun it is to be outrageous on behalf of the kids’ future. There are trolls everywhere but they are ignored. The kids leading the charge seem to get it. Just watched peaceful eviction from scumbag Mitch’s office. I’m just another old geezer trying to help out and amazed by their calm determination.

5 Likes

“I’m convinced, we as a nation must undergo a radical revolution of values. We must rapidly begin the shift from a thing-oriented society to a person-oriented society. When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, militarism and economic exploitation are incapable of being conquered.” MLK

7 Likes

Indeed, and the battle will now be won or lost online. Fight Fight Fight! Defeat all Trolls!

" With Satya combined with Ahimsa, you can bring the world to your feet."
Mohandas karamchand Gandhi

1 Like

Superb, superb to read Roger Hallam’s extended views on political strategy, nonviolence, mass movements, and revolutionary resistance! Thanks to Hedges for using his platform to give space to Hallam’s words. This is in the tradition of MLK, and taking it to the next level, organized mass nonviolent resistance to force the oppressors to deal with you on your own terms.

This is the only path forward. See you on April 15.

4 Likes

One of the best arguments for mass non-violent protest I have ever heard.

5 Likes

We are all dead either way, the only choice left now is how you want to go out.

2 Likes
2 Likes

“It was too expensive to save the world” is a fine bumper sticker slogan; better than “Leave it in the ground.” My focus has always been ‘how’ to save the world, and ‘what’ technologic adaptations can be applied to save the world, our families, friends, neighbors and vast communities of metropolitan areas, more than less chaotic rural townships though there is no safety there should metropolitan area support mechanisms suddenly collapse.

Nearly 30 years ago, transportation and land-use planning “reform” became my guideline for redirecting the course of the modern metropolis that corporate overlords have painted into a corner and continue to do so with even more poisonous paint. Urban reform that seems most in need of change are urban centers of power over entire metropolitan areas. Should city centers receive most construction materials while suburbs become even more dependent upon insane levels of commuting and long-distance driving for all purposes? Would self-driving car tech do any real good if it were actually possible? If not, as I’ve frequently argued is the case, why are the ruling class selling us this BS? Genocide via ecocide comes to mind considering the soulless bastards in the White House, the Republican party and their fellow fascist business interests who view the rest of us as consumers, wage-slaves and canon fodder.

2 Likes

Excellent video!