Home | About | Donate

"F-35s Don't Help Families Pay Their Bills": GOP Under Fire for Slipping $30 Billion Pentagon Gift Into Coronavirus Bill

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/07/28/f-35s-dont-help-families-pay-their-bills-gop-under-fire-slipping-30-billion-pentagon

You can see how that call to cut Pentagon spending by 10 percent was an absolute joke.

19 Likes

The best Congress money can buy never met a corporate welfare program it didn’t love.

Military industrial media infotainment complex (MIMIC) corporate welfare programs are their favorite…lots of lucrative MIMIC funded K Street retirement gigs await Congresscritters who pander to MIMIC.

11 Likes

I beg to differ. A good F-35 could go a long way in mitigating the worst of Covid. After all, dead people don’t get Covid, right?
It’s why the Nazis started using gas. They found that bullets were getting expensive, and labor intensive.

3 Likes

Hope doesn’t pay campaign bills.
Unions used to, but now only corporations have that much money.
This what we get when capitalists own the only 2 viable parties.

7 Likes

I used to explain to my wetland research teams the five largest threats as I saw them in no particular order (they were ordered as appropriate when in front of one’s face or at one’s feet): water moccasins, alligators, lightning, wild boar, the red necks out shooting the former illegally on secured lands. I left out mosquitoes, which ultimately gave me West Nile virus and brought me to the brink of death. Oops. Sars-cov-2 is the new mosquito and there ain’t no F-35 that can gun it down, but it sure can swallow slop from the public trough. Methinks we have a toy fetish in this country, probably because they leak cash in all of the right places to all of the connected people who should be populating the prisons that they also own…

13 Likes

The legislation also includes hundreds of millions of dollars in funding for surveillance planes, Apache helicopters, and armored vehicles.
Which will all be used against the citizens of the USA. Okay House Democrats, the ball in now in your court. Show us how you will stand up to the Military Industrial Complex and the GOP (that you profess to oppose) yet again on behalf of the citizens you pretend to represent. I’ll even hold my breath until I turn BLUE.

11 Likes

All the outraged words mean nothing. Lockheed-Martin got the money. They were allowed to get it and allowed to keep it. As long as we citizens continue to allow, it will continue to get worse, and they will continue to win.

3 Likes

Yet another obscenity from the RepubliCon gang of scum!
And naturally there will be enough Dem servants of the military state and others acting as timid dirt-bags who will vote for this give-away to Northrop Grumman-Lockheed Martin and the MICC…
Not to be ignored is the blatant political bribe given to Texas, where the over 300,000 separate parts (representing all Congressional districts!) of the F35 are put together. A bribe to keep Texas voting Republicon - trump - about as transparent a bribe and corruption as can be!

6 Likes

And even a so-called Independent like Bernie Sanders is owned by the capitalists, do not forget Bernie approved the F-35’s.

8 Likes

Actually most of them (with a tiny exception) would vote for it. But to keep the pretense going of an opposition party a number of them will be allowed to vote against it all the same.

3 Likes

Never say the U.S. of A. goes on the cheap with their ball game fly overs, air shows, and the jet fuel never gets stale waiting around in the tanks.
Perhaps we can justify the F-35 if it could do water drops over forest fires.
Otherwise we just eat crow as we send in our annual IRS extorted monies.

3 Likes

The joke is Amerika is, and has been… A military dictatorship and soooo many naive people still think it is keeping the average American safe from the boogeymen of the world.

6 Likes

Holy Moley, that’s quite a list of critters in a healthy swamp ecosystem. And it’s the smallest that seems to bring the greatest down.
Covid falls in the latter category. The conservatives are terrified of dying; since everything that threatens them is waging war, they grab for weapons. F-35’s, new nukes, whatever serves as their security blanket.
Sorry about the West Nile thing. Nasty from everything I’ve read, and I hope there aren’t residuals. As for the others…wild boar would terrify me. Sneaky, mean, and fast.

2 Likes

Yes, the Bern was in on the package deal the Demagorgs made with the Devil.

3 Likes

Now some more might plainly see that the “10% Pentagon cut” was just an ad campaign for the suckers that think the Dems are not Fascists like the Repugs.

VOTE IN THE STREETS

Revolution is the only solution!!!

1 Like

What do you call a machine that is slow, hard to maneuver, can’t be flow
at high speed, its Gatling gun rattles the machine and can not stay on target,
the ejection system may chop off the operators head on exit, it gives workers
vertigo due to helmet display and looks like a big turkey on radar if armed.

I am going to guess you would call it ‘a kill’ but its corruption fiances many
a political campaign…

2 Likes

“Democrats” who vote for this under these conditions have to get tossed out.

3 Likes

“Sir! Nano-radar has just spotted an aerosolized covid-19 virus floating at 3,300 feet over downtown Portland!”

“Fire!!”

1 Like

It’s a faster way to the demise of humanity.

Those in charge have no idea what they are doing .

3 Likes