Home | About | Donate

Facebook Disables Accounts of Palestinian Editors

Facebook Disables Accounts of Palestinian Editors

Ali Abunimah

Editors at two of the most widely read Palestinian online publications have had their Facebook accounts disabled.

Administrators for the Facebook pages of Quds, which has more than five million “likes,” and Shehab News Agency, which has more than six million, found they could not access their accounts on Friday.

Facebook, stop use of Facebook! Please!

Time for a non-Zionist entrepreneur to begin his/her version of FB. This is beyond disgusting.

Jewish forces and their apologists inside the US have expunged virtually all critical coverage wherever it occurs of Israeli subjugation of the Palestinians in order to take their land and resources. These forces have even had the First Amendment set aside (with the acquiescence of the Supreme Count) to allow the outlawing of Hamas presenting its side of the conflict to the people of the US, as Israel is allowed to do. So much for free speech. Apparently in the view of our Orwellian Supreme Court, the free speech amendment is about ensuring one can't prohibit giving money to politicians, not about preventing government censorship of political views.

This makes me feel so very good that I withdrew from FB a year or so ago. I was worried I would miss out on certain family and friend loops and I have to a certain extent but they all have benn pretty good about texting me the important stuff - pix, articles they know I'd like etc though they harp on me constantly to come back!
I dropped out because of the tracking issue- no not the NSA- lol - but the advertising stuff. I made me feel like I was a puppet.
Now I see it is so much more insidious than that... I hope someone comes up with a better social media site and little Mark Z loses his fortune and has to start buying his hoodies at the swap meet ....
Of course the next platform will be co-oped and controlled by the government as well so.....
It's a shame the little unattractive pipsqueak, as my grandma would have called him, didn't have more guts to go with his supposedly giant ( and amoral ) brain.....

Like most people of my generation (boomers), I don't have a defined benefits retirement plan, but have to manage my own retirement portfolio. The good news is that gives me the option of divesting ownership of companies that fail my own test of corporate citizenship. So I sold my Facebook stock today.

The bad news is, of course, is there are fewer and fewer investments that pass the corporate citizenship test, so I'm forced to make small compromises here and there to avoid becoming a burden on family and society. I couldn't see my way to make that compromise in this case. The endless persecution and misery visited upon the Palestinians, especially its children and young people, should give us all pause.

This is a gutless, ill-advised move by Facebook. One which should redound to its detriment -- one would hope anyway.

"This makes me feel . . . "

Well, how it makes me feel is that it has just given me the push I needed to stop saying to myself I need to delete my account and instead -- delete my account.