Home | About | Donate

Facebook’s Soleimani Ban Flies in Face of First Amendment

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/01/15/facebooks-soleimani-ban-flies-face-first-amendment

2 Likes

It appears that FB is complying with U.S. government sanctions, just as they’re complying with U.S. politicians’ “freedom” to unabashedly lie.

8 Likes

Boycott Facebook, Instagram, etc.

2 Likes

I would gladly boycott all the social media you mentioned if I would have ever been interested in any of them enough to use them, so…no social media for me!

2 Likes

The solution is simple.
We will just have to change our motto from:
Land of the free, home of the brave.
to:
Land of the censored, home of the cowardly assassins.

3 Likes

Almost every week, there’s new damaging news coming out of facebook world, yet people ignore it. As a never been on fb person, I can’t comprehend this, and can only conclude fb is a serious addiction, possibly worse than heroin or opioids.
Please confront your addiction, get off of fb, and let this company wither and die.

1 Like

One more example of the dangers of the global dystopic system that we have in place, where personal space is controlled more and more by private monopolized and centralized powers like FB.

2 Likes

Just goes to show that a hefty segment of the population is just as narcissistic as the POTUS.
“Everyone look at what I made for dinner last night!”

2 Likes

Testing 1…2…3

It seems CD has blocked me from posting links.

Since I joined on Feb 2, 2018, I read 5.2k posts, viewed 274 topics and gave 38 hearts. I created 144 posts which had 186 views and received 415 hearts. My trust level is “member”.

1 Like

IMO it’s just flat out crazy, and sometimes dangerous. I know a young woman who would post everything she did all day long, like “going to the grocery store, be back in 2 hours”, with enough references on her page for someone to figure out where she lived. Now I don’t live in a high crime area, but when she told me about this, I asked her if she had lost her mind. Until I brought it up, she never thought about that being dangerous.

1 Like

Just guessing but I’d say the NSA probably has serious dirt on Zuckerberg.

I just heard this man on the tube suggest that murdering Soleimani would go down in history as a positive outcome.
If that were true we would have to issue TWO sets of history books. The true, and the alternative true.
Like truck drivers of the past. Some would run TWO log books. One accurate, and one fudging the legal hours you can drive without a sleep break.
In the impeachment trial, once again even with mountains of evidence, republicans seem hell bent to ignore all evidence and acquit anyway. A sham trial.

3 Likes

Not all that use FB (which I too am not fond of) use it for trivial things.

Personally, I mostly post articles from news sites that have perspectives the MSM doesn’t report on. One or two people even read them! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Facebook is one of the many protecters of the most dangerous terrorist organization on the planet, the corporately owned and operated US Government, which has now pledged to take over and control space with its Space Force. We the People haven’t seen nothin’ yet!

News FLASH! Six of ten civil rights were eliminated when Congress shoved the Patriot Act into law nearly 20 years ago. Not that it meant much before then, as censorship has been a huge part of corporate government since the beginning.

I have a page and post on it maybe once each year, mostly political stuff with local implications, like immigration. I put up some pics from some travels like 5 years ago, but pretty much ignore FB these days out of disgust. But one good thing that happened is that I hooked up with some friends I had not seen in 30 years. They found my page and alerted me. I’m not against social media. Just who controls it.

1 Like