Home | About | Donate

Facebook's Secret Censorship Manual Exposed as Platform Takes Down Video About Israel Terrorizing Palestinians

Facebook's Secret Censorship Manual Exposed as Platform Takes Down Video About Israel Terrorizing Palestinians

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

After the New York Times on Thursday published an exposé of Facebook's global censorship rulebook, journalist Rania Khalek called out the social media giant for taking down a video in which she explains how, "on top of being occupied, colonized territory, Palestine is Israel's personal laboratory for testing, refining, and showcasing methods and weapons of domination and control."

Well, well, look at who started and is the CEO of Facebook and is it any fucking surprise. I don’t use Facebook and never will ESPECIALLY since the news of what they are doing. Fuck, I don’t even have a smartphone using a computer is bad enough.

I have only a minimal Facebook page - with just four “friends” - a brother, sister, spouse, and Lebanese Anti-Zionist/anti-Assad activist and author Robin Yassin Kassab. A really creepy phenomenon I notice is that Facebook seems to selectively delete posts from my brother and sister, and my posts to them - under some kind of creepy algorithm where Facebook tries to tell me what it wants me to be interested in, instead of me telling it what I’m interested in.

I chose to use FB as an alternative to setting up an expensive web presence for my business; that was a comically-failed experiment that lasted only a few months. I’ve never had a personal page, and knowing what I know now, abstaining was among my better decisions.

Is the convenience really worth it? Is it really “free?” A hand-written letter, delivered acrosss town or across the continent at a comparitvely small price, would seem to be a bargain from many points of view.

BDS Facebook!

Never did FB never will. The business model is capitalist exploitation to the ends degree with a built-in addiction factor. FB should be paying their users. And why in hell would I want to get my news and info from FB…

Facebook deals with billions of posts and is too big to really moderate. It is a good idea to avoid Facebook and for news turn to newspapers (websites or actual papers), TV, and radio, the main sources before the world went crazy over social media. When it comes to news, social media should be considered toxic. Other types of sources may leave something to be desired but they are all far superior to social media.

“Is Minds The New Facebook? w/ Eleanor Goldfield” of Free Speech TV
Interview with Lee Camp Dec. 6, 2018
She says “most” people get their news from social media now. Scary. She also said Facebook refused to let her send a link to Minds until she made it not clickable (at 6 minutes in).

Thank you, minecritter, I’ll check out Minds.com.
I’m always amazed that anyone thinks they’re getting actual news from social media sites like Facebook. This may come as a shock to many folks, but I get my news from – are you sitting down?-- journalists. And I factcheck them myself. And the most subversive, unAmerican of all, I read books. Yes, books. I know… Just send the storm troopers, I’ll be waiting.

Facebook is working hand-in-glove with The Alphabets and other snoop agencies, without a doubt. It’s really the worst form of " black ops kabuki " along with a pathetic Congress. And, the whole bunch of them should be incarcerated for what the public already knows about their abhorrent business model.
Trump’s filthy minions go to jail when they lie to the FBI, but not these Billionaire Baby Tech Executives. Who have misled the Congress, or the public represented by them, pretty blatantly on the national TEEVEE.
Why are scrawny little pimply-assed punks able to walk over the biggest badass Empire the world has ever seen? How many paper tigers are there in Congress? Any hard #s on that?

Allowing Facebook to engage in censorship is like relying on the NFL to police domestic violence. Neither has the skill set or the proper framework to perform these functions.

Or concussion protocols? Using Facebook may cause irreparable drain bamage.

“[M]istakes” … ?

As the corpress knows all too well, as it has “disappeared” critical voices for generations

This was no boating accident.

I never joined facebook either. It is very amazing that facebook acts as anti First Amendment as Senator Schumer, and AIPAC do. Plus — with all of facebook’s ,“errors,” with people’s personal information, they don’t seem to recognize the 4th amendment either.

Fake news blitz to generate censorship is exactly what generating consensus is all about. Wake up. Remember what pig boy said: “We’re an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you’re studying that reality — judiciously, as you will — we’ll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that’s how things will sort out. We’re history’s actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.” Rove

Of course, the problem is not just Facebook. If Americans Knew has produced a video about Israel’s projects to censor the Internet, and a detailed article with additional information.

Numerous well funded, organized projects by and for Israel work to flood social media with pro-Israel propaganda, while blocking facts Israel dislikes. The projects utilize Israeli soldiers, students, American teens and others, and range from infiltrating Wikipedia to influencing YouTube. Some operate out of Jewish Community Centers in the U.S.

Sadly, it appears that CommonDreams has just censored this comment with the decree that “new users can’t put links in posts.”

You can search “How Israel and its partisans work to censor the Internet” and “Israel’s Internet Censorship War - If Americans Knew” to see the article, with full citations, and the video.

Seriously?

Talk about propaganda…

“Alphabet” is the name of the holding company for Google. The power of the corporations totally dwarfs the power of any government.

Welcome aboard, Alison! Thanks for all your past work and your website exposing Israel’s persecution of the Palestinian Arab people!.

I’ll post the link:

https://ifamericaknew.org/

It is a perfectly reasonable policy in almost any internet forum that new users cannot post links until they go through a probationary period. To do otherwise would be an open invite for every scamware and malware artist in the world. And no, they may not know who you are or even if they do, need to take precautions that you may be an impostor.

" The NFL to police domestic violence" ? ???

Sadly, there is a real possibility you wont have to wait long.
Violence is the tool they have left once propaganda fails, and the rulers will be getting increasingly desperate to cling to their illusions of power once the masses of sheeple begin to recognize the reality of the slaughterhouse they inhabit.