Home | About | Donate

Faced With Exonerated Man, Clinton Invokes Terrorism To Defend Death Penalty

Faced With Exonerated Man, Clinton Invokes Terrorism To Defend Death Penalty

Kevin Gosztola

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton was asked by Ricky Jackson, a black man wrongfully convicted of murder who spent 39 years in prison, how she could support the death penalty, despite serious problems with it. Struggling to maintain his composure, he mentioned he was imprisoned on death row and came “perilously close” to execution.

And yet another politician suggests falsely that the death penalty is a greater deterrent than life in jail. I want to cry for my USA.

Hey, Bush, Cheney, Rice, Rumsfeld, Blackwater, Tenet, et. al... are you listening?

“The plotters and the people who carried out the attacks on 9/11, but a very limited use of it in cases where there has been horrific mass killings. That is really the exception that I still am struggling with, and that would only be in the federal system.”

Alas all this hard, tough, firm crap about "crime." Like under Clinton the Yin Democratic Party trying to out-Yang the most Yang of Repugs:

"Clinton helped her husband push and defend a crime bill, which expanded “the number of federal crimes to which the death penalty applied from two to fifty-eight (the bill also eliminated an existing statute that prohibited the execution of mentally incapacitated defendants).”

About as disgusting as handing the survivors of the Haitian quake trailers so poorly made that the heat of the island caused high levels of formaldehyde to cause headaches to all those inside of them!

Given Ms Clinton has been responsible for far more deaths than 150 (see those enails on Libya where she directly help terrorists with arms and munitions) is she in fact calling for the death penalty on herself?

I highly doubt it.

Some of the last comments I saw from Justice Scalia made clear that he was sure that the
Death Penalty would be overturned -- and he seemed resigned to it -- as inevitable.

Hillary also needs to move on --
Why is she even out here -- ?
She's worth $45 million -- how much more for Bill -- ?

And she's out here still pushing the Death Penalty --

She should have been.out of the race a long time ago had it not been for the establishment dems seeking to feather their nests with a cush fed jobs. Then there are the elites who like the monopoly board just the way it is. That said she really has little capacity for human empathy. I myself would have been profusely apologizing for this travesty of justice and asking for his remedy at the least to.prevent any more from.happening..