Home | About | Donate

Facing Decades in Prison, Anti-Nuke Activists Condemn Trump for Putting 'Human Experiment' at Risk With INF Withdrawal

Facing Decades in Prison, Anti-Nuke Activists Condemn Trump for Putting 'Human Experiment' at Risk With INF Withdrawal

Julia Conley, staff writer

Warning of the "real and present danger" created by President Donald Trump's recent withdrawal from the 1987 Intermediate Range Nuclear Missile Treaty (INF), seven anti-war plowshares activists are condemning the move ahead of their upcoming trial for a direct action at a U.S. nuclear naval base last year.

1 Like

“Pulling out of the INF Treaty was an unconscionable and reckless act on the part of the Trump administration,” said Patrick O’Neill.

I absolutely agree. I grew up during the 50s, and all of America was terrified that we might be nuked by Russia or end up in mutually assured destruction of most of the earth. Since Putin wants to restore Russia to its former “glory” it had in those days, I experienced a frisson of dread when Trump withdrew, thereby giving Putin permission to develop more deadly nuclear weapons.

Trump is a goddamned fool.

3 Likes

Throw it out of court.

3 Likes

History will remember, and remind us of what voting lesser of two evils gets us.

Do you hear the screams of the Democrats demanding the release of these brave souls?

No, and you won’t. They report to their higher power. The Corporate World.

Evil is Evil.

3 Likes

If Trump having his hands on the nuclear trigger does not scare the hell out of you like it does Martha Hennessy, then it means you have been either apathetic or just another politically, dumb, American in denial.

2 Likes

As far as nuclear war goes, there won’t ever be one. The bad news is that if someone other than a nuclear nation has one, they might use it out of hate or revenge. But any war would be over in minutes.
But then we are talking about the human mind.

1 Like

I think pictures like this of Trump are bad for the psyche. We all have such caricatures etched in our minds of Hitler, Uncle Ho, and Chairman Mao.

0 Likes

Trump is an abomination whose level of competency was stretched even as host of the “Apprentice.” That is as far as this man should have gone in the public realm - hosting of a reality television show. Those who are stupid enough to put celebrity, fame and money worship over principles for running a nation are fools who put the whole nation at risk. Those fools are the people who support Trump and his absurdities. The man is a risk to a sane and decent world. The sooner we get him out the safer it will be for the U.S. and the world. Venezuela is not the place where regime change needs to happen.

1 Like

Very, very true! Most people in American prisons, are in for petty crimes; while most of the people, guilty of major crimes of being war criminals like Abrams, Kissinger, Bush, Obama, ( a war criminal given the Noble Peace Prize!) Ollie North and too many more to list here…are not and will probably never be put on trial or be locked up.

3 Likes

But can we recover enough (after Trump) with leadership of a different party, enough to withstand another right-wing surge later on??
The lower end of the middle class have few choices beyond voting, to fix things.
The upper middle class keep trying to win a ticket to the big show. Nobody wants to support that group.

0 Likes

Most people (including myself) still need a lot of education about the nature of our system and its history. The more truth and understanding people have, the more they can act from knowledge and understanding. The great dilemma is the willingness of vested interests to use violence over reason and fairness. Poverty itself is a form of violence in a nation of relative wealth. We rarely talk about the violence imposed upon a homeless person in a nation that could well afford to house everyone. Unfortunately, we are in a grave crisis with Trump and people like Pelosi are, unfortunately, not that far separated from the materialistic values that Trump worships. People like her will never lead a viable challenge.

1 Like

It seems more and more like we need a revolution if we want change within a generation of time.
Our political tools of the underdogs are either rusting away, or still in the tool shed waiting for someone to rescue them.
One person with a hoe isn’t going to solve the weed problem. We need gallons and gallons of Roundup.

0 Likes

We (you and I and some of the others on this website) have a vision for a better country and a better world. Unfortunately, I think many people in the US subscribe to the system we have - materialistic, self-serving, greedy, manipulative and cruel. We have a culture and society which worships fame, celebrity, wealth. No values, no principles. Of course, not everyone but a vast crowd of people. Trump is, after all, a celebrity billionaire. Well, we really don’t know if he is really a billionaire but he has convinced people that he is. We have a leader who is a celebrity billionaire. He is not the first celebrity leader. Reagan - the one who started us on a downhill slide - was a prime example of celebrity leader. Will calamity - either economic or environmental - be the only way to wake up people? I hope not but I not very optimistic.

2 Likes

Agreed about the picture on the article. Soon, if justice prevails, all pictures of him will be slightly obscured by bars of his jail cell.

0 Likes

What weed problem is that?

0 Likes

The Administration and the “Deplorables” that support it.

0 Likes

Very Zeppelin like. Which makes it excellent music.
Also enjoyed Puscifer. 2006. Seems more like a 1971 tune.

1 Like

Next to my all-time favorite, the Beatles, Led Zeppelin is my super strong second.

1 Like

I’m sure that this strategy of withdrawal, was discussed privately in one of the one-on-one sessions, Putin had with the traitor.

0 Likes

Great transitional song movement, better than Floyd.

0 Likes