Home | About | Donate

Failed U.S. Policy in the Middle East

Failed U.S. Policy in the Middle East

Ellen Rosser

The United States has been involved in the Middle East for almost one hundred years because of the vast oil reserves there, and the US has been militarily involved since l967, when the US began supplying Israel with weapons with which to defend itself. However, the US has only been involved in the “quagmire” of Middle East wars since 2001.

Thanks Dr. Ellen Rosser, I recently read an article at Consortium News that impressed me here is the link... https://consortiumnews.com/2016/02/27/testing-out-repression-in-israel/

Ms. Rosser may be accurate about ONE thing: the financial costs of the various invasions and ongoing wars; but apart from that, this is a really lopsided account full of falsehoods.

Missing is the number of Iraqis killed.

And anyone who thinks Bin Laden was really the perpetrator of 911 ought to hit the books and educate themselves before making this ridiculous case... the one always touted by Official Sources.

Israel is a player. But it's nonsense to assert that Israel is the MAIN factor in these wars.

The article reads like a sports' caster's analysis... trying to line up each play.

But so many are wrong--just regurgitated MSM pabulum--as to make any conclusions drawn questionable.

And I find this conclusion off the mark, too:

"Thus in the Middle East, the US is fighting the Sunni Islamic State and illogically is trying to get other Sunni Arab countries to take the lead in fighting it. One might say that aggressive US policy in the Middle East has caused chaos in the region. Is that what the US desired to accomplish? No, but it certainly accords with Israeli policy of breaking up strong Arab countries and encouraging Muslim to fight Muslim, and US policy in the Middle East is largely but not entirely determined by Israel."

The writer says she is an English teacher but writes paragraphs that go on forever. She also uses the word "moreover" to a ridiculously redundant extent.

If she were in my class, this paper would be tossed back at her with a C at best!

Writing about Middle East wars and leaving out the Military Industrial Complex, the trafficking in weapons, and The Project for a New American Century just makes for a seriously lacking thesis.

Turkey is not neutral in the Syrian civil war but a major player. That's why Assad and the Russians want to close the border to Turkey to prevent militants and weapons from coming in and Syrian oil from leaving the country on ISIL trucks.

Thanks for mentioning this. It was one of NUMEROUS errors in the writer's analysis. As I earlier stated, she uses mostly MSM narratives and tried to set them into an orderly framework. As if order is the same thing as truth.

I would like this again, but I can only like this once.