Home | About | Donate

Failing to Meet Global Police Standards, US Forsakes 'the Right to Life'

Failing to Meet Global Police Standards, US Forsakes 'the Right to Life'

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

Each of the 50 United States has failed to comply with international standards on police use of lethal force, a reality that threatens lives, poses grave human rights concerns, perpetuates institutional racism, and requires immediate reform, a new report by Amnesty International published Thursday has found.

None of the states’ “use of lethal force” statutes include accountability mechanisms.

Need we say more.

Also amazing--the US trains public safety agencies in conflict zones and during peace keeping operations, as though they were the end-all of quality policing. Clean up your own kitchen first!

It is all about fear, societies fear, property owners fear and the police acting out of fear. We have become a nation full of fear.

Hey as long as abortion is illegal, then these killers have a card to wave declaring how prolife they are! "Oh look I'm against abortion, see, I'm not SO bad..." Absolutely preposterous! I'm not so easily fooled. They are still killers!

I don't think that holds up. My guess is that a solid majority of those who engage in gun culture are solid supporters of heavy militarized police depts. My guess is that a solid majority of those who engage in gun culture also are solid supporters of every f'ng war that US foreign policy ejaculates on the World.