Home | About | Donate

Fake News and Donald Trump’s War on Truth

Fake News and Donald Trump’s War on Truth

Sonali Kolhatkar

The term “fake news” entered into popular usage soon after the 2016 general election, when Donald Trump beat most poll predictions and won just enough Electoral College votes in swing states to tilt the results in his favor. Many shocked Americans looked for explanations for how the unthinkable had happened.

Many of Trump's supporters determine the truth differently from the way most of us determine the truth. The Trump supporters often consider anything written in the Bible as the truth. So if the Bible says that the earth was created 6,000 years ago then it must be true. They have no use for the big bang theory, and all the stuff about quarks forming protons and neutrons, and then elections being added to form atoms, and eventually the galaxies forming, and then the sun being formed and with it over 4 billion years ago the earth was formed. So given that, it isn't too much of a stretch for them to believe what Trump says is true and what the NY Times says is false. Or they simply think that the editors and reporters graduated from all those universities who busy jamming liberal ideas in their students heads so why trust the NY Times when it comes from all these liberals who are trying to spread their ideas about multiculturism, economic equality, and the role of government and something called the public good.

For the sake of avoiding argument why don't we take the Biblical account as truth, that the Earth is about 6000 years old. Subsequently then, we must follow other Biblical directives; such as the words of Jesus regarding how we should worship the Father, John 4:23 "But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him. 24God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

Carrying on a bit further we might read other instructions God the Father and the Son of God Jesus gave us imperfect humans: "Thou Shalt Not Kill." Also: Matthew 25:40: "Whatever you do to the least of these my brothers that you do unto Me." & Matthew:20:To the rich man: “All these I have kept,” said the young man. “What do I still lack?” 21Jesus told him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me.” 22When the young man heard this, he went away in sorrow, because he had great wealth.…

Lrx, I am not going to agree with you about those Trump supporters that believe in the Bible. Let's think about it this way. Whether you believe in Jesus or not, most will agree that Jesus would feed the hungry, heal those suffering from illness, and give to the poor and needy. In the first three weeks of Trumps' time in the presidency, I have not seen one Executive Order where our new president is supporting those who are hungry, those in need of medicine or Healthcare, or those struggling to make a living. All I've seen, is Trump and his minions in the Republican party filling his cabinet with bigots and billionaires, and then have all of these cabinet appointees begin to remove the protections (regulations) that have been put into law to protect us.

Now, I don't know about those who voted for Trump who also have faith in Jesus, but I think that Trump is doing the exact opposite of what Jesus would do. After all, Jesus talked of loving each other, and since the Inauguration, I have only heard, Hate and Fear coming from Trumps mouth.

I personally believe many on the religious right, are rethinking their votes, regardless of what the MSM, KellyAnne Conway(Queen of Bullshit), Sean Sphincter, or any of theTrumpsters are saying.

Fake news is hand in hand with the fake president...everything about this guy is fake, his credibillity is rapidlly eroding, many that voted for him finally are waking up to the fact that that they have been had, big time, and it is only going to become more apparent in the coming months.

Last paragraph made me laugh out loud

The whole fake news hype is part of a big effort to move in on our freedom of speech.