Home | About | Donate

'Fake' Reform: Little to Celebrate as USA Freedom Act Passes House

'Fake' Reform: Little to Celebrate as USA Freedom Act Passes House

Jon Queally, staff writer

Though the overwhelming and bipartisan passage of the USA Freedom Act in the House of Representatives on Wednesday portends the end of the NSA's mass collection of American's private telephone records, civil liberties groups found little else to celebrate as the ultimate passage of the bill, now heading for the Senate, would re-authorize a number of worrisome programs as it extends the life of the controversial Patriot Act.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Like Hitler's Enabling Acts, which took away the constitutional rights of the German People and solidified the *Third Reich's* power, the illegal, unconstitutional, and misnamed Patriot Act removed the constitutional protection and rights of the American People.
* Sadly, we now live in the Fourth Reich, with few rights, and no privacy or protection. The SA, the SS, the Gestapo, the Junkers and the Wehrmacht exist again under different names, but even more authoritarian under the increased technology used to rule us.
* It took death in the Fuehrer Bunker to end the Third Reich. I don't know what it will take to end the Fourth.
;-})

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Seems congress is continuing it's jihad against freedom in America. Wait I thought it was Al-Qaeda that hated us for our freedom.

WTF should anybody expect from a 'Fake Democracy' fronting for the Disguised Global Capitalist Empire, than 'Fake Reform'???

Everything is FAKE --- including in spades both the FAKE neocon 'R' Vichy party and the smoother talking FAKE neoliberal-con 'D' Vichy party.

This entire set-up of the Disguised Global Capitalist EMPIRE is nothing but FAKE. It's just an EMPIRE using and abusing the superpower stature of the "U.S. state's" soft and hard power "apparatus" to work for the global elites of this undiagnosed and 'disguised' Global Capitalist Empire, 'posing' as, and HQed in, our former country.

Wake-up Americans --- you are told you are the citizens of a functional democracy, but you are really only being kept from seeing that you are 'subjects' of a unseen/undiagnosed cancer of Global Empire.

As Zygmunt Bauman hauntingly puts it, “In the case of an ailing social order, the absence of an adequate diagnosis…is a crucial, perhaps decisive, part of the disease.”13

Berman, Morris (2011-02-07). Dark Ages America: The Final Phase of Empire (p. 22). Norton. Kindle Edition.

The hope may well be in the 'Black community' as they are easily "the most politically conscience" people in America --- and from current and former events they understand that the "point of the Empire's lance is in their face" (or should we say that the "Empire's 9mm bullets are in their backs").

"The U.S. state is a key point of condensation for pressures from dominant groups around the world to resolve problems of global capitalism and to secure the legitimacy of the system overall. In this regard, “U.S.” imperialism refers to the use by transnational elites of the U.S. state apparatus to continue to attempt to expand, defend, and stabilize the global capitalist system. We are witness less to a “U.S.” imperialism per se than to a global capitalist imperialism. We face an EMPIRE of global capital, headquartered, for evident historical reasons, in Washington." [Caps substituted for italics in original]

Robinson, William I. (2014-07-31). Global Capitalism and the Crisis of Humanity (p. 122). Cambridge University Press. Kindle Edition.

I don't know what it will take to end the Fourth Reich.

I would hope it would end non-violently, but how? Maybe if millions of Americans wake up and fire the President, Congress and the Pentagon war mongers and frog march them out and say we have had it and we are not going to allow your corrupt, criminal cabal, fascist policies anymore that have been responsible for the Coup D' Etat by the 1% in everything from the assassinations and the surreptitious, cover up of JFK,MLK,RFK, Vietnam to 9/11.

Probably just a pipe dream...but a nice one!

USA PATRIOT ACT, USA FREEDOM ACT you would think that the fools in this country would catch on after a while, but they don't! Corporate greed succeeds while the peoples needs go wanting! What an exceptional country! What a bunch of MAROONS!

Yeah, pass me the pipe!
;-})

"Fake reform" is most often a redundant term

I dont know the details, but anything referred to as the "Freedom Act" has just got to be throwing your freedoms away.

Our political system; being financially controlled by multinational corporations that have no loyalty or allegiance to Territory of the 50 states, it's people, or the United States as a wholly INDEPENDENT NATION STATE, Has been politically hijacked by 5-4 Supreme Court decision(s) based upon the curious Fascist doctrine(s) or Ideology that grants human rights to corporations. Those same MutiNational corporations own and/or control the so called main stream media. Corporations had historically been considered "creatures of the State" meaning the actual State of incorporation. No Congress so beholden to this totally corrupt electoral system would ever vote for the complete restoration of OUR BILL of RIGHTS i.e. Privacy, 4TH AMENDMENT, Free Association and other expressed or implied Constitutional Rights . I have also always thought it odd that the Church committee lead to the establishment of the FISA secret court system at a time when bin laden was our ally.. Hillary Clinton and the other members of the DemPublicanCFR RULING ELITE will do nothing meaningful to address the violation of our Rights and the judicial and prosecutorial promotion of corporate crime ...with banks to big to fail or prosecute etc. (prosecution: meaning the actual human criminal element that now control corporate governance.. The actual human "perps"who Never Walk i.e Goldman Sachs pigfaced CEO) This criminal element, the actual human perpetrators are being shielded by the current operations of the criminal justice system. There is a simple way to address this problem. Until we do ....We, as President Carter has said, live in a dysfunctional Democracy.