Home | About | Donate

'Fascist-Enabling Coward': McConnell Declines to Reconvene Senate for Trial as House Moves to Impeach Trump

Good read, thank you.

1 Like

“Regardless of what he leaks to the press, McConnell remains Trump’s ‘Enabler-in-Chief.’”

Somebody finally realizes Mcconnell is a psychopath, too. Will wonders never cease.

2 Likes

McConnell deserved impeachment LONG before Trump ever did. He refused his constitutional duty to address the appointment of Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court.

6 Likes

Mitch McConnell is the main enabler and is just trying to save the Republican Party that should be Abolished and is on it’s way down. Mitch needs to be charged as Well Nixons Enabler were taken down and that need to happen to McConnell, Cruz, Hawkly and the Rest of the Republican Party. The party are obstructionist and have Reason to part of this Democracy they do not Contribute to American People!

4 Likes

This slippery move by McConnell should earn him a new nickname - “The Eel”. Now no GOP Senator has to go on record as condoning or supporting sedition. Our “House of Lords” has become a costly anachronism, and should be abolished.

6 Likes

Cowardice is a key requirement to becoming a member of the Republican party.

A strong ability to lie and deny the truth is an added bonus for those who seek leadership roles.

4 Likes

HI Jim-el;
sigh—but just as awful was Obama doing nothing re; Mitch’s actions . I wonder why ?

6 Likes

Are Democrat Chuck Schumer and Republican Mitch McConnell having a competition to see who could be the biggest fascist?

“Any of those who were inside the Capitol should not be able to fly and should be placed on the no-fly list,” _https://theintercept.com/2021/01/13/capitol-riot-no-fly-list-schumer/

1 Like

Mitch also sees it in strategic terms. If he can use a Senate trial to obfuscate the Biden agenda, then impeachment is just fine with him. Trump is dead weight, and his ouster and disgrace can be used to interfere with getting things done, like $2000 checks for the proles. Under the bus with you, Donnie!

6 Likes

Well, surprise surprise, no?

Are we asked to believe that no one imagined that Mitch McConnell might be less than fully cooperative? With a few days remaining for a process that has always previously taken months; with lame duck Donald having conceded, albeit petulantly; we are supposed to believe that this is a sincere process involving a concern for legality, democratic process, and the population?

Nah. We are about to see a wave of legislation to reduce popular participation in politics. Do you think that the Republican Party is the least bit unhappy with that? The Democrats?

Who will wield and who will receive the (mostly) plastic bullets, the pepper spray, the water cannon, the 4 AM crack at the door?

Oh well. It will not be the last time we get to ask the question.

4 Likes

How does this one man have control over the entire legislative agenda? The Senate needs to be abolished in favor of a democratic institution. Unfortunately, there are far too many fascists in power to trust that any re-writing of the constitution would be in favor of democracy.

3 Likes

Whigs

1 Like

Yes, what we haven’t seen so far, but almost surely will soon, is political assassinations. That will likely shock & terrorize Americans perhaps even more than the Capitol insurrection, although I’m not sure about that. But it could plunge us into civil war, which, by the way, is the objective of many of these right-wing terrorist groups & Trumpsters.

1 Like

There were many inactions by Obama to Republican obstruction that confound me, too.

2 Likes

I disagree with this assessment. McConnell is doing Trump no favor here. The Senate, in its present form, will not vote for impeachment. The reconvened Senate in January is far more likely to do so. The importance of this, even from McConnell’s view, is that it permanently removes any chance of a Trump return. The repugs have gotten everything they wanted from Trump and he is now a liability to them. In the mean time, they may squeeze a few more obstacles out of him for Biden to deal with.

1 Like

Exactly what leads you to the impression that there are any “Republicans” “still on the fence about Trump” ?

As far as I can see, they’ve already proven their preferences to facilitate and join in his fascist coup of the U.S.

1 Like

I’m not in favor of insulting eels. How about “the Snot”?

2 Likes