Home | About | Donate

'Fascist Rhetoric' Becoming Commonplace in US and Europe: UN

'Fascist Rhetoric' Becoming Commonplace in US and Europe: UN

The "rhetoric of fascism" is on the rise in the U.S. and Europe, a United Nations official warned on Thursday, a disturbing trend that puts "unprecedented pressure" on human rights standards around the world.

A sign of the times:
Fascism is poised to become the 2016 "Word of the Year" (Most looked up word) at www.merriam-webster.com
Is this a surprise to anyone paying attention to US and World events?

No one will have to look it up again, however. They will be/are living under it everyday.

Here is Dr Lawrence Britt's "14 Defining Characteristics of Fascism" for any that have not read it already. Professor Britt studied Fascist regimes of the past and consolidated their similarities and MO.

This list is represented in large degree in the rise of Trump, his cabinet/adviser picks, and his rhetoric of division, racism, vulture capitalism/corporatism and pathological nature including distortion of truth and fact (to put it mildly)

http://reality-my-view.com/14_Signs_of_Fascism.pdf

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article4113.htm

Someone's got to take a look in the mirror ..

How about branding your political opponent's followers "deplorables"?
Or insisting every single one of them is a "racist, misogynist Islamophobe"?
How about shifting the blame for everything onto Russia?

Fascism isn't just a tendency of the so-called "right".
The "left" spews its one brand of "unbridled vitriol and hatred".

And since I don't see a current article on Syria, I'll post this here.
A most disturbing development.
Brought to us by the so-called "left" here in the US.

Obama waives restrictions on military support to Syrian rebels

Published on Dec 8, 2016
Former Pentagon Official Michael Maloof joins RT’s Ed Schultz to explain President Obama’s recent decision to allow the supply of weapons to Syrian rebel groups and others fighting ISIS. By waiving restrictions on military aid for foreign fighters, Obama is signaling an “alarming escalatory boom.”

Just as Russia and the Syrians had flushed most "rebels" from Aleppo, liberated their human shields and granted amnesty to "rebels" who laid down their arms .. and just as Trump stated emphatically that he would desist in the mad and reckless policy sowing chaos through regime change .. Obama chooses to double down ..

I posted way back in the nineties that since the American, world wide, Empire was fascist in its backing of murderous, dictatorships and totalitarian regimes, ( like Saudi Arabia) that were friendly to US vested interests, it would just be just a matter of time that America would become covertly, domestically, fascist in order to protect the domestic, vested, interests of it's corportocracy and oligarch's in America.

I wish I had been wrong; but it looks like that post is coming to fruition on 01/20/17

American fascists won World War Two.

True. Pearl Harbor was not a Japanese sneak attack. To anyone who cares to google it the Honolulu Bulletin's headline one week before the attack: JAPS POISED TO ATTACK NEXT SUNDAY.

Mango Mussolini. PE and TV "reality show" producer, says he will stay on as producer with Arnold in lead role.

WTF? will be the daily question with this head dildo.

I've been posting Britt's list off and on for years. Sometimes it gets posted, and sometimes it gets disappeared.
* It is right on the mark and well describes the US Fourth Reich.
* I had a horrible dream a few years ago. I was in New York and standing in one of those little parks where you can look at the Statue of Liberty across the water.
* There were loudspeakers everywhere and speeches by somebody about how we had moved on. This day was to celebrate the destruction of one of the icons of the old order. The waters were filled with warships and flights of aircraft began flying low over us.
* Suddenly, there was a loud explosion and I looked out to see the Statue of Liberty blown to pieces. The ships began firing salutes and the loudspeakers began playing martial music. I could hear cheers, then I woke up in a sweat wondering what we had done to ourselves.
* I think we are getting closer and closer to finding out.
* I hope We the People will be able to turn it around, but as the Oilagarchy gains power, the hill will get steeper.
;-})

Obama is no leftist.

Obama is a fascist wolf in leftist sheep clothing!

Hail Bashar al-Assad, Hero of Freedom and Liberation!

So, I guess Assad's savagery, torture and murder of toward anyone expressing ANY kind of dissent does not interest you very much?

Go here:

So, from a loot at some of the comments here, it seem that a significant portion of the Commindreams readership is not bothered too much by the fascist movement.

Beside fascist rhetoric there is fascist aggression and war, often waged on those most vulnerable - poor nations and tribal peoples seeking a better future - or at least a stable one.

Witness the Saudi/US attack and war crimes against the civilian population and infrastructure in Yemen, one of the poorest nations, now bombed to rubble by Saudi warplanes and US bombs - similar to civilian attacks and destruction of Aleppo, Grozny, Gaza, Libya. The enormity of the war and social/financial crimes committed by the ruling class in nations and both US political "parties" is beyond redemption.
I hope there is some soul-searching in Stockholm where the Nobel Committee, in some bizarre madness, awarded a Peace Prize to one of the least deserving people ever, Barack Obama, under whose "watch" the destruction of Yemeni (and Libyan) society was accomplished!
A well-deserved place in the dock at The Hague awaits him hopefully...................

No one will have to look it up again, however. They will be/are living under it everyday.

Indeed! At least Hillary was up front about it.

"Stronger together!"
"I'm with her!"

What did all these UN people do during Obama's tirade to the UN last year? Did anybody walk out, or stand and turn their backs, or laugh?. Listen/read that speech again. Total facism. All the facist policies, world dominance abroad, drone remote executions without even fake evidence show trials, and a police state in the "Homeland" are well-established. This facism has flourished and has nothing to do with Trump.

I printed this out about 5 years ago, there have been many times when something would happen and I would read it again and say to myself... "That's exactly what Professor Britt said would happen as we slide into Fascism".
I think there was a saying that said " When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in an American flag and people will gladly accept it as the patriotic thing to do."

Right on the money Rudyjo!

The quote - “When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” is attributed to Sinclair Lewis and in a somewhat abbreviated version to Huey Pierce Long Jr. - the Kingfish - Democrat and supporter of FDR - Louisiana governor and U.S. Senator, assassinated in 1935 at age 42 - either loved or hated.

Here is a documented Huey long quote for good measure...keep the faith!

"Corrupted by wealth and power, your government is like a restaurant with only one dish. They've got a set of Republican waiters on one side and a set of Democratic waiters on the other side. But no matter which set of waiters brings you the dish, the legislative grub is all prepared in the same Wall Street kitchen."

There are many other Huey Long quotes, very relevant in today's dark times well worth the read..................like this one

"I'm for the poor man — all poor men, black and white, they all gotta have a chance. They gotta have a home, a job, and a decent education for their children. 'Every man a king' — that's my slogan."

http://www.hueylong.com/perspectives/huey-long-quotes.php

Thanks for the quotes by Huey Long.
It's always nice to hear people telling the truth.

Then as now, telling the truth gets you labeled as a trouble maker.