Home | About | Donate

FBI Agents With 'Tactical Vests and Large Weapons' Arrest Longtime Trump Confidant Roger Stone

FBI Agents With 'Tactical Vests and Large Weapons' Arrest Longtime Trump Confidant Roger Stone

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Longtime Republican operative Roger Stone, a confidant of President Donald Trump, was arrested Friday morning by FBI agents wearing "tactical vests" and carrying "large weapons" at his home in Florida after being indicted by a federal grand jury on seven criminal charges stemming from special counsel Robert Mueller's probe into alleged Russian interference in the 2016 elections.

According to the Associated Press:

6 Likes

Lawfare has posted the Indictment

Each time there is major revelation and indictment, I can’t help but observe and read anything like an indictment from the perspective that the duopoly has, as primary focus, the ongoing “globalization” of corporate hegemony over the planet. Call me cynical or worse, but a system that founds its hegemony on ‘divide and conquer’ can never be taken at face value. So, careful reading.
I am reminded that today the devious actions taken by any “player” masquerading as ‘public servant’ or ‘advisor’ is probably applying the actions laid out in the illegal playbook institutionalized by first Bill Clinton and then Hillary Clinton and the DNC as well as their forerunners. So, the prosecution of illegality is good, but this is also just a drop in the bucket.

12 Likes

As the story goes: A mother says to a teacher, if Jonny acts up don’t admonish him. Slap the kid next to him! What a waste of public debt.

1 Like

It’s SCHADENFREUDE Friday!

2 Likes

thanks - I needed that

2 Likes

FBI Agents With ‘Tactical Vests and Large Weapons’

Pre-dawn shock and awe applied in the appropriate way.

5 Likes

Ayuh.
By all means, let us scramble to determine the provenance of the Podesta emails, but for gawd’s sake don’t expose their contents to scrutiny.

7 Likes

Pretty sure if the FBI had sent two agents it suits at 10AM Mr. Stone would have reluctantly climbed into their Lincoln with no problems. Could also have saved some money during the shutdown squeeze.

But hey. Nothing like putting on a show for the media.

10 Likes

I am hoping against hope that this is not the first step of the USA in their efforts to extradite and prosecute Assange for being one of the only people on earth who reveal the truth of what our governments really are now. Prosecute everyone but the one whose corruption was revealed by the emails that were not hacked by Russians but leaked by a DNC insider.

6 Likes

Rome wasn’t built in a day. Nor was it torn down in one.

Wow those agents are brave I mean I would have thought they’d have a couple of tanks with cover from a couple of Apache helicopters. Stone is just like Rambo after all … such idiocy

3 Likes

I guess I can skip this thread. Everybody obviously got up too early. Makes me wonder who the fascists really are.

1 Like

why does corruption seem to come out of Florida 90% of the time?

Agreed. Common Dreams played right into the non-substance spectacle aspects in by putting weapons and uniforms in the headline.

1 Like

Were the tactical vests and large weapons intended for Stone, or as a warning to Assange? “You embarrass the king or queen and we will kill you.”

2 Likes

While he was alive, my father was kind of dangerous. He might or might not have been evading taxes; I’m not a judge, but he used up quite a bit of gas driving from bank to bank. He also kept a personal cache of 6 to 10 weapons in his house for the coming war. When his mind finally began to fail him, he could be something else.

So, maybe the FBI wasn’t in fact overreacting.

3 Likes

So this CNN reporter was on the scene , set up with his Camera BEFORE The FBI arrived to film the events as they occurred and he did this based on “gut instinct”.?

Something smells.

3 Likes

Are you suggesting that these are fake indictments?

2 Likes

Love that song and so appropriate. Best news I have heard since waking up…