Home | About | Donate

FBI Recommends 'No Consequences' for Clinton's Reckless Email Handling

FBI Recommends 'No Consequences' for Clinton's Reckless Email Handling

Lauren McCauley, staff writer

In a televised press conference on Monday, James Comey, director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), announced that his department had completed its investigation of Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server and, despite castigating her "extreme carelessness," recommended that the Department of Justice (DOJ) file no charges against the presidential hopeful.

"To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now."
In other words, there is plenty of scope for prosecution, but since the culprit is such a powerful person, we can't suggest that in this case?

And the surprises this election cycle just keep mounting, eh?
Who could have predicted this?

I never believed it was the e-mail scandal, which would be hard to prove (intent), where the crimes could be found, but in the Clinton Foundation pay to play scheme where the legal hurdles were easier to overcome, and where the obvious crimes were committed.

Does anyone know for sure whether this decision also applies to the Clinton Foundation, which as far as I know, is a separate investigation?

The clearly rigged justice system.....a wonder how the agents felt. In most cases chagres would have been filed but not against the ruling class.

Or how about 'nobody died because of my carelessness.

The rich and powerful face no consequences for their illegal actions while the masses are incarcerated for the tiniest of offences.

Really he put the ball squrely in the court of public opinion and basically said here the facts VOTE. The only realistic choice I see is TRUMP

Couldn't be more plain, could it? Don't try this at home folks, or the FBI will come down on you like a ton of bricks.

Nothing to see here folks. Same old, same old two-tiered system of "justice" with HRC being too big to jail. It must be nice to be above all law, to be able to look down on ordinary, ant-like humanity as if atop a skyscraper, with contempt for all norms that govern the behavior of we tiny insects. Time to read Ecclesiastes yet once again.

The pattern of contempt for the law by HRC alone, should disqualify her for Prez, not to mention her war-mongering and glee at the deaths of "enemies".
The timing of Assange email release and close-following Comey release of the "no prosecution" for server "bad judgment", and the testimony of Clinton aide that HRC burned public records - a crime - as SOS, added to the "chance" meeting between Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch are highly suspect....at the very least!
http://dissidentvoice.org/2016/07/loretta-and-bill-discuss-the-grandchildren/

There are still potential revelations to (hopefully) come that could sink the Red Queen.....

Anyone that believes a person gets to be FBI Director or AG by not being a strong team-player - in this case the Dem establishment DLC/DNC Clinton Crime Family team - is a great candidate to sell a bridge to.......

In a country and government that held integrity and honesty in high regard neither HRC nor Trump would EVER be the "presumptive" nominees.........of either side of the same coin political parties......

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-04/hillarys-closest-aide-admits-clinton-illegally-burned-daily-schedule

Or maybe just Pete Seeger's version of it.

I think Comey called it "extreme carelessness" - but you're right, at the end of the day nobody died. Isn't that all that matters, even if I (HRC) may change my mind on an important issue or two (in the very near future), you know, based on new knowledge I just received and not old "as far as I know now" knowledge. Relax, relax, it will only hurt just a little bit. Now, if you want it to really hurt, that works for me as well.

Well, ammo for the Republicans to pound away with as to competency. There's still the hope that the Goldman speech(es) will drop into the public domain at some point. #NeverHillary.

What we're seeing here is some extreme and reckless BS by FBI Director Comey which no
ordinary citizen would be permitted to benefit from.

This clears not only Hillary -- but Loretta and Bill. Three birds with one stone.

Comey, having been warned of truth-telling in the W administration, is totally reliable now.

Next step, rewards all around? Comey as AG?

So, I guess Bill Clinton's visit to Lynch did the trick. This is BS!

Supreme court...

Those people who said that if there was no intent found there would be no indictment proved to be right. If she was still working in the government there would no doubt be some form action taken. I guess the main thing is this process of investigation has finally come to an end. Clinton will suffer some political damage but nothing to derail her nomination. Surely Trump will tweet some bizarre statement soon which will change the subject and focus back to his campaign of racism and xenophobia marked by a flow of unending lies.

I like the original. Not much sugar-coating in there about who prospers and who suffers.

The people ru(i)nning our country blatantly disregard what the people want. "Our" laws don't apply to the elite and those in power.

What to do? Our laws aren't working for we, the people.