Home | About | Donate

FBI to Track Animal Abuse Like Homicide—But Which Animals?

FBI to Track Animal Abuse Like Homicide—But Which Animals?

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is set to begin tracking animal abuse the way it tracks homicides, a "huge policy shift" that nonetheless exposes the disparities in how crimes against household animals and farm animals are treated, activists said.

Yes, because those that abuse animals are often found to abuse humans we should be on this issue big time. But really, abuse of any being is a crime against the beauty and sanctitiy of this experience. I don't care if it's a river, or a chicken or a dog or a pig or a tree.

This is a good start and I welcome it but honoring all of creation has to be the goal. And that ag gag stuff is pure BS and good stuff to circumvent.

"Intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly taking an action that mistreats or kills any animal without just cause, such as torturing, tormenting, mutilation, maiming, poisoning, or abandonment."

That's any animal, to quote the article. While mindlessly broad (shall we sic the FBI on the mosquito slapper?), it underscores the hypocrisy (and rampant anthropocentrism) of protecting our "pets" while turning a blind eye to the countless billions of equally sentient nonhuman animals routinely slaughtered, experimented on, and consumed in various ways across the land.

""Intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly taking an action that mistreats
or kills any animal without just cause, such as torturing, tormenting,
mutilation, maiming, poisoning, or abandonment.""
Looks like this covers Gov. Snyder's poisoning the city of Flint. But then he did it for power and money. Not sure what 'just cause' means these days when the banks get bailed out and the homeowners get turned out.

Every animal that enters a slaughterhouse is tortured. All of them scream because they know what is going on.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It's a good start , but knowing the inequitable ways our laws are applied , I fear it can and will be used (the neglect part in particular) against people too poor to afford adequate care (as defined by the comfortably well-off) for their animal companions. In the county in which I live , if you are too poor to afford vet care (routine or emergency) for a pet , you may obtain it from the local humane society vet at the price of giving up your beloved pet to the shelter , never to see it again and be blacklisted from ever owning a pet again .

If we cared about ALL animals, which by definition includes humans, the problem you describe would be lessened dramatically.

The FBI can start "investigating" animal abuse with the epidemic of cops killing/shooting dogs all over America! There is almost always no justification for these cop dog killings, NONE, except the depravity of cops who seem to delight in killing or have zero understanding of canine behavior or training except to kill everything!

Family pets of every description are shot daily for no justifiable reasons! I believe this is a program to de-sensitize cops to killing making it easier for them to shoot and kill humans!

Cop vs. Canine: The Hidden Epidemic That’s Killing Our Pets

Unfortunately that is very true. Often when people see a homeless person walking with his/her dog in the rain or scorching heat people feel sorry for the animal and blame the human for being so cruel. The homeless person is ignored, after all they do not exist do they?

No one who cares about animals cares less about people. That argument is advanced merely to suggest that animal cruelty should be ignored as long as human cruelty exists. It is an old insult thrown at animal lovers by people who don't give a damn about animals. Speciesism comes from the same uncaring mind as racism.

When pet dogs go feral they are quite unpleasant. And if the cops had shot the pet Alsation that had attacked me, I would have been very happy. But the cops didn't carry guns.

However, we have to protect dogs, but we can continue to torture and drop bombs on people we don't like.