Home | About | Donate

FCC Chair Accepts NRA's "Charleston Heston Courage Award" for Trying to Kill Net Neutrality

FCC Chair Accepts NRA's "Charleston Heston Courage Award" for Trying to Kill Net Neutrality

Common Dreams staff

Ajit Pai – former Verizon lobbyist and now Trump's chairman of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) – was given a handmade Kentucky rifle from the National Rifle Association (NRA) Friday – for his "courage" in working to kill net neutrality at the behest of the telecom giants.

"As soon as President Trump came into office, President Trump asked Ajit Pai to liberate the internet and give it back to you," said Dan Schneider, executive director of the American Conservative Union. "Ajit Pai is the most courageous, heroic person that I know."

Sociopaths all, from top to bottom.

My outrage is total! These cretans are one by one, making themselves visible. They aren’t even afraid to expose their jugulars! No one will do a thing, right?

What in the HELL? I can barely even READ that! Surely this is not even possible!!!

Ajit Pai should crawl back under his rock before someone gets the irresistible urge to shoot him in the face. He is so slimy evil he gives pacifists violent wet dreams. I wonder how many body guards he has. Probably first FCC Chairman ever to have one…and I bet he has a dozen. Yet he happily sells his soul and giggles about it late at night with his rubber duckie…

Aw Dan, that’s a little harsh (I agree with 110 percent. No, make that 120 percent.)

The king of smug snark gets a gun from a snarling pack of rabid hyenas for destroying net neutrality. This is simply weird.

Dan Schneider sez: “As soon as President Trump came into office, President Trump asked Ajit Pai to liberate the internet and give it back to you.”

Give it “back” to whom? Were the developers of ARPANET in the house?

And he was so hoping for a pair of Ted Nugent’s shit-stained undies…

The recipients of this “award” are an unapologetic bunch of right-wing scum. Pai fits right in for helping to destroy what is left of our democracy. He is obviously willing to do anything required to serve the vested interests who dictate his agenda and provide him with a continuous supply of knee pads. You know what else I despise about this piece of trash? He always seems to be smiling or grinning. I don’t trusts anybody like that.
“Ajit Pai is the most courageous, heroic person that I know”. That is definitely the biggest pile of crap I have read in some time. The truth is that he is a shameless little weasel who bows and scrapes for corporate America, no matter what it costs everyone else. Fuck this shithead.

As usual, the scum has risen to the top.

Somebody wake me the fuck up!!! When did I go down that damned rabbit hole?! Everything has gone INSANE!!! How can this shit happen??? How can WE let it happen???!!! Better still: WHY do we let it happen???!! **
I-N-S-A-N-I-T-Y!!!

Sorry, Dan, but I hope he DOESN’T make it under that rock! That face NEEDS to be blasted out of our view!!!

“We the People” are scared SHITLESS to show our power anymore! WE have the numbers! Now if WE just had the guts to ORGANIZE and take the fight TO those assholes!!! (I won’t hold my breath, though, because we have been tamed)

Corporate Ajit-prop. Go cluck yourself jerk.

The long roll-out (lest the little people become agitated) by these greedy bastards of the coming completely commercial version of the internet (imagine never being able to view anything without advertisement) will be yet one more pillar in place of the End Game of the Corporate Coup.

Corporate Governance is largely here already, but we haven’t seen nothin’ yet.

Can it anymore weirder…yes it can…don’t get bowled-over by yet another insult, there are more to come…they will keep happening until Nov.'s vote and then…in the meantime fly your flags upside-down…

I’ll help him shove that ‘award’ where the sun don’t shine…

One odious man receiving an award from another. Can we expect anything less at this point, where wanton corruption has become public spectacle.

Perhaps Ajit will shoot himself in the foot with his new toy.

I know. I’m afraid you’re right. I realize many are quietly trying to live better lives, but change is needed soon.