Home | About | Donate

FDA Approves Unlabeled GMO Salmon Despite Widespread Opposition from Scientists, Consumers and Members of Congress

FDA Approves Unlabeled GMO Salmon Despite Widespread Opposition from Scientists, Consumers and Members of Congress

WASHINGTON - “Today, the Food and Drug Administration approved the first genetically engineered food animal, AquaBounty’s genetically engineered salmon, despite insufficient safety testing and widespread opposition. This unfortunate, historic decision disregards the vast majority of consumers, many independent scientists, numerous members of Congress and salmon growers around the world, who have voiced strong opposition.

###

After President Obama was elected, I was totally shocked that his cabinet was comprised of all the robber barons - Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, et al. But then I looked at the FDA and USDA - Monsanto connections everywhere. So I am not surprised by this article. But it needs to be stopped. We need to know what we are eating and GMO's need to be labeled. These genetically modified foodstuffs don't hurt the Obama's - they enjoy an organic garden grown on the
White House grounds - all paid for by you and me. Hillary will be more of the same. In a biotech conference last year, she said that we the people didn't need to know if something was GMO or not - why confuse us with something that is good for us? She also explained that GMO sounded "frankensteinish" and the crops should instead be referred to as drought tolerant or resistant. Much more palatable, isn't it?