Home | About | Donate

'Fear of Victory' for Sanders or Warren in 2020 Driving Bloomberg Patrick Bids, Say Progressive Critics

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/11/18/fear-victory-sanders-or-warren-2020-driving-bloomberg-patrick-bids-say-progressive

3 Likes

“Supporters of Bloomberg and Patrick they are concerned that progressive candidates like Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) would lose to President Donald Trump in the general election.”

In a word: BULLSHIT! What they fear is Sanders WINNING MASSIVELY over Dumbf and starting their forced descent into semi-normalcy, financially!

24 Likes

Will massive amounts money win yet another election. It will if we let it.

8 Likes

This is also why Barack Obama is coming out with his woke stuff and his “too far left” nonsense. These guys are getting nervous.

The MSM in my opinion continues to manipulate the polls. I read an article from one of them claiming Buttegeig was now leading in Iowa.

It claimed he jumped 16 points. This makes absolutely no sense. Why would voters in Iowa suddenly jump from what a Sanders or even Warren promises to what Buttegieg is offering.? Someone going from 1 percent to 17 percent has the stench of manipulation.

24 Likes

Yes, ANYBODY BUT BERNIE!

6 Likes

Agree, no different than 2016, which in my view, Bernie would have buried Trump.

12 Likes

Bernie Sanders for President in 2020! You lied? Goodbye! Vote 'em out! Peace

Time to send Bernie some more $$$$ and order my Bernie yard sign!!!

5 Likes

I agree with your observation about whatever the hell’s going on in Iowa, for Pete’s sake!

Our so-called polls are also manipulated in the clear light of day, if you just examine the silly questions they resort to in order to disadvantage Sanders. Since if they asked voters about their own policy preferences, Bernie would be on top, they twist themselves into inquisitorial pretzels, asking voters for their perception of the preferences of other voters with blatantly manipulative questions such as “Do you think the candidate’s policies are too far left to beat Orangeman in the general election?”

The trend continues. The poll questions get more and more abstruse, abstract, and absurd.

8 Likes

I wish that we could see a Sanders/Warren slate that would literally guarantee that progressives would win. IMO Bernie would only serve a single term by his own choice leaving the field open for Liz to become the first woman president in a landslide victory. I’m guessing that an AOC presidency might follow after that. I won’t be here then but it sure would be nice for my grandchildren.

3 Likes

You’re right - and then the poll results are condensed into a sensational headline that’s thoroughly misleading.

4 Likes

Well, keep in mind, it is Iowa.
At the end of the day whoever wins their phony “caucuses” will join a rouges gallery of former democratic candidates that wasted their time and money courting the yah-who’s and rubes of this lily white backward assed state.
Besides, when was the last time a democrat won the very few electoral votes of Iowa.

3 Likes

It was amusing that the non-leaders in that Iowa poll were commonly reported as

Warren second with 16%, Biden and Sanders with 16%

I mean, the manipulations are getting so infantile they’re completely transparent, which means they’re probably counter-productive for the manipulators, who are generally hated these days.

3 Likes

Ms. Selzer is right about one thing: It ‘reflects the selling point’.

Not to be UnPC, but this is a state of straight laced farmers…

1 Like

If Biden is so ‘electable’, why are 2 millionaire/billionaires running . Do they not realize that they have no constituency and will only further divide the voting for the other centrist candidates (not that I am complaining!)?

9 Likes

They can’t stand the idea that the neoliberal corruption train maybe derailed.

8 Likes

They all fear the same thing, that ol uncle Joe is fading fast and that there is currently no serious candidate to pick up the mantle of the Nixon democrats except a gay mayor from podunk Indiana.
Duval Patrick would be the perfect stand in for ol Joe. He checks all the boxes. Not only is he cynically black, he doesn’t have to prove himself by huntin’ and fetchin’ for massa. He already holds a trusted place in the hearts of the big money conservadems, He’s been the house boy before.
And Bloomberg? Please.

5 Likes

From the following article:
‘The official case for a Bloomberg nomination, such as it is, hinges on the ludicrous idea that the current Democratic field needs yet another business-friendly centrist touting some form of compromise between the ordinarily and extraordinarily wealthy.’

6 Likes

…that have no relationship to the actual demographics of this Nation

1 Like

These “2 millionaire/billionaires” are only in it to suck up the oxygen and spend money selling the right wing agenda.
Is this a way to get around election finance laws?

3 Likes