Home | About | Donate

Federal Appeals Court Green Lights Discrimination Against Non-Theists

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/08/28/federal-appeals-court-green-lights-discrimination-against-non-theists

“Let us now prey upon those who have the audacity to not prey upon others.”

3 Likes

Butbutbut…I thought The Left © was waging a war to destroy Christianity. David Horowitz says so!
/s

1 Like

Citizens challenge an unconstitutional activity, and the judges approve the activity because it is ‘historical’ or traditional. Tradition trumps the Constitution. By this reasoning, lynching would get court approval.

5 Likes

One thing you won’t ever find a shortage of in the USA: bigotry.

A good deal of government practices in Pennsylvania give preferential treatment to white Christians. Perhaps the most egregious discrimination is the Pennsylvanian government religious, cultural, and structural discrimination against the Nanticoke Lenni-Lenapi indigenous to the region.

4 Likes

All the legalese and obfuscation won’t get the cheap lipstick off this opinion. With 16-20% of the adult population of the U.S. selecting either Atheist or Agnostic, on the ol’ multiple-choice questionnaire, this ruling seems out of sync to say the least. Or, put another way, " well isn’t that special "?

Just another move that begs for a label of “Constitutional Crisis.”
And the list goes on.
I guess all we are supposed to do is mark this one down and move on.

1 Like

Hmmm, I wonder how they’d treat a Pantheist.

Hopefully I’ll never have to find out.

Can’t wait for the invocation from The Satanic Temple which has been given the status of a religion from the IRS.

Give them time. Baby steps.

1 Like

This is dangerous because the worship of history will be fodder for those who wish to continue to commemorate, honor and respect save owners and those who fought to continue the practice of Slavery.

So let us start over and return to Puritanical days and burn witches again. I think I have to leave before “they” catch me.

1 Like