Home | About | Donate

Federal Judge Blocks Jill Stein's Pennsylvania Recount Effort

Federal Judge Blocks Jill Stein's Pennsylvania Recount Effort

Nika Knight, staff writer

A federal judge in Philadelphia on Monday ruled against Green Party presidential nominee Jill Stein's lawsuit calling for a recount of the state's presidential election ballots as well as an examination of voting machines for signs of hacking.

U.S. District Judge Paul Diamond said "suspicion of a 'hacked' Pennsylvania election borders on the irrational" in a 31-page ruling, dismissing Stein's effort to press forward with the recount.

Somewhere in my library a few years ago, I found a quote attributed to Hitler.
* "To truly control a country, you must first control its courts; then, whatever you do is legal and whatever the opposition does is illegal."
* Apparently, from what I can see, that still works.
;-})

Jill Stein just hung herself with this recount ...

So says the US Judge for the plutocracy.

Read the following and you will get a fairly good idea of the problem of the 2016 election.

From this article:
There could, and should, also be efforts to develop a genuine independent left party, one that doesn't just show up every four years but is working constantly at the grassroots, both at the electoral level (everything from school boards to town meetings to state legislatures and on up) and in all the other ways that can be pursued. There are plenty of opportunities -- and the stakes are substantial, particularly when we turn attention to the two enormous shadows that hover over everything: nuclear war and environmental catastrophe, both ominous, demanding urgent action.

If you have control of the media along with the courts, then you really have it locked up.

So much for true democracy. A recount should be done every time there is a measurable difference between the count and the exit polls.
And yes it seems to be working very well. It was said that G.Bush packed the courts with repugs before he left. It seems to be the case.

Done and done.

On the contrary, I feel she has done everyone a service. Namely showing the world how we can't get a recount even when it is requested by a presidential candidate. Would you rather people go along thinking it was all fair? This is a good thing and she deserves our praise, no one else has had the courage to take on our broken voting system.

Agree with you. Stein wins on this one either way. We either get a recount or we get to see more clearly how the system is rigged and what we are actually up against. The judicial system is full of plants who will do whatever the cabal running Washington wants done. These jurists do not represent the people or representative government. It is a serious issue.

Jill Stein's press release in response:

http://www.jill2016.com/pa_court_response

Who is this "you" that you are generalizing about?

Au contraire. I'm impressed by her hutzpah. Hadn't been before. But, now I'll definitely take a second look at her. She stands alone in her faithfulness to the principle of one person one actual vote and assuring the legitimacy of the voting process.

I guess Paul Diamond is skeptical about the CIA's claims of Russian meddling in the election as well.

Seriously though, I respect Jill Stein as a doctor and when it comes to using the scientific method, calling for more information about something doesn't necessarily mean wanting one outcome or another. Cartesian skepticism is not the same thing as denial.

Will the entire electoral process be the last "virgin territory of corruption " ???

I think she is on a very short leash right now. Would it surprise anyone if she were to be Wellstoned?

There is no evidence so far that any hacking occurred. It sounds like the Wisconsin recount will have no effect on the outcome. Rather than hacking the voting machines it appears that Russia influenced the election by hacking e-mails and Wikileaks cooperated by releasing them and the James Comey the director of the FBI influenced the election by disregarding all guidelines and releasing e-mail information that raised suspicions of wrongdoing for no reason just 10 days before the election. I think also contributing was more than two decades of the Republicans coming out with phony scandals about the Clintons. This recreated a certain distrust about Hillary Clinton even though all the accusations turned out to be baseless. The fact that polling showed people trusted Trump, a pathological liar, more than Clinton demonstrates how all the fabricated charges over the years by the Republicans had a real effect.

Control of the courts is also a mandate included in both the New World Order and Project for New American Century (PNAC) with Perle, Wolfowitz, Cheney, Rumsfeld, GWB, et alia all authors and members of cabal putting forth same. What they did not count on was to have someone as feckless thus extremely dangerous at T-dump as president-elect.

Paul Diamond is a GWB appointee...surprise, surprise!

We are in for two years of unmitigated hell on earth (until midterms or impeachment).

How unkind!

Well said.

And how do you figure that?