Home | About | Donate

'Feds Stay Clear, Moms Are Here': Portland Mothers Form Human Shield to Protect Protesters from Federal Agents

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/07/20/feds-stay-clear-moms-are-here-portland-mothers-form-human-shield-protect-protesters

10 Likes

“Let’s do what we do best—protect people,” the organizers added.

LOVE YOU! Thank you to all these wonderful, Mothers that are shaming these Federal Stasi , thugs.

15 Likes

Utilizing white privilege to provide whatever amount of protection they can to POC - commendable.

3 Likes

I do hope that anti fascists are near by as they were in Charlottesville. Trump is clearly pushing for an absurd race war–this uprising is made up of all colors of humankind. We will be out too very soon for Strike For Black Lives which, for me, includes indigenous lives.

Bravo, Mothers!

14 Likes

Hard to believe those “feds” have mothers too.

Cheers for the moms and hey I would think twice about messing with them.

3 Likes

Now that T.rump has fucked with motherhood, is apple pie next?

2 Likes

Isn’t it time for the west coast states to secede from the police state ?

5 Likes

I feel like I’m reading about the dictatorship in Argentina or Chile. This is horrifying what is going on, and an Obama appointed federal judge just had a contract taken out on her family last night. Classic mafia hit. Son dead, husband in critical condition. Fuck this shit. TRUMP MUST GO!!!

5 Likes

Precisely this, precisely now, is what is needed. We need you to stand up in public and face these thugs down, NOW.

If you have any hope for a future moving away from blunt ugly fascism toward human justice, human solidarity and ecological restoration, now is the time to STAND UP.

7 Likes

From the article:

“If the feds will gas and assault a bunch of moms they’ll do anything,” tweeted Potash.

Indeed.

Every submarine movie I’ve ever seen with a Soviet or Russian sub would always have a “political officer” on board. I wonder if these goons have a political officer in their midst whose job is to avoid excessively outrageous optics. For example, not beating and gassing Moms, at least not while they can be filmed doing it.

No sooner do you think this than you see this:

Feds Gassed Moms Forming a Human Shield Around Protesters

~https://www.sheknows.com/parenting/articles/2289294/portland-protests-moms-human-shield-gassed/

3 Likes

I’d lay good odds on Jared Kushner being the architect of this backfiring Trump policy.
Everything he touches ends up being a fuck up.

So hopefully, Trump keeps him front and center at (dumbass) decision time.

3 Likes

Haven’t you heard apple pie was developed in a Chinese lab 327 years ago to weaken American’s immune systems?

8 Likes

Moms and librarians. Bravest heroes in the world.

All those people playing dress up soldiers should hang their heads in shame.

Along with our so-called “leaders” who are afraid of the dress up soldiers.

6 Likes

Both parties must go. Eight years of do nothing for the citizenry neoliberalism has led directly to Trump’s reign. And before that eight years of Clinton led to Bush. On and on it goes. It is completely disingenuous to blame this all on Trump. Actually a country founded on genocide and slavery has led to this outcome. And as for contracts taken out, were you just as outraged when Obama illegally ordered the assassination of an American citizen and his son without due process. Both parties only work for their corporate oligarch owners who are destroying the USA.

10 Likes

Just listen to yourselves! By supporting this you are destroying property, lives, listen to your words.

1 Like

Only a fool would blame the Democrats for the rise of Trump. There are genuine fascists at play. If you were God for a day, how would you deal with the fascists? FDR threatened to send J.Edgar and his G-Men to the Aleutian Islands for the remainder of his term in office for trying to blackmail him, something NO DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENT CAN DO TODAY. MY GUESS YOU ARE TOO YOUNG TO REMEMBER WHAT THE CORPORATE MEDIA AND THE FASCISTS DID TO CLINTON AFTER HE SIMPLY RAISED THEIR TAXES. The Democrats not only have to contend with the genuine fascism that is the GOP, but too the rear guard backstabbing them devoid of loyalty.
They just murdered an Obama appointee federal judge’s family. Are you out of your mind?
I REFUSE TO GET INTO THE MUD WITH PIGS.
BIDEN DOES NOT EQUAL TRUMP AND HE HAS THE ENDORSEMENT OF NOAM CHOMSKY. YOU HAVE JACK SHIT BUDDY.

It was the 2011 NDAA that gave presidents the express legal right to do exactly what the federal law enforcement troops in Portland are doing, and Obama signed it into law after being warned how it would eventually be used, and acknowledging that himself. The d-party apology squad always points fingers, inevitably deflects blame, and ultimately falls into their default “vote LOTE” position:

~https://www.aclu.org/press-releases/president-obama-signs-indefinite-detention-bill-law

8 Likes

Yep. The Democratic party is entirely complicit in Trump’s wrongdoing. None of the opposition movements or protests came from Democrats: they are all grass-roots movements of Us. Not them.

Democrats make noises. It’s up to us to act.

Go Portland Moms!

4 Likes

Now THAT’S what I’m talkin about! An even better more powerful weapon against trump secret police goons than deploying the Portland National Guard to protect peaceful protesters!
Mothers; most always there when needed the most. Hey, its home grown and I like it!

Unfortunately it is rather doubtful if the goon squads hired by the federal authorities have any intention of going easy on those Portland mothers. Ethics and integrity are in short supply these days and especially in the Trump administration and from Federal agents whom Trump has used for the most devious of reasons.

2 Likes