Home | About | Donate

#FeminismNotMilitarism: Peace Groups Blast Biden's DNI Pick Over Links to Drones, Torture, and Mass Surveillance

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/23/feminismnotmilitarism-peace-groups-blast-bidens-dni-pick-over-links-drones-torture

2 Likes

Not many, if any progressive leaning folks getting the nod for a Biden Administration position as of yet.

3 Likes

Zev Karlin-Neumann tweet:
“is the nicest human alive.”

Yeah, she’s a real peach.

3 Likes

CodePink tweeted that “appointing a woman to be the director of national intelligence DOES NOT justify, atone, or excuse the U.S. intelligence community’s murderous drone strikes and violent counterterrorism strategies.”

Could not agree more CodePink, but as a feminist myself, it is nice to know the glass ceiling has finally been adjusted a couple of floors up.
Maybe one day, I don’t want to get myself too excited, but maybe women will actually walk the walk. (shrug) In my experience, women talk big, but don’t deliver.
The brainwashing of women is profound and disgusting.
I occasionally argue that Rosie the Riveter may have been the worst thing to happen to society(!) in the 20th century. (I am open to debate this idea)

“There is nothing remotely feminist about women in rich countries dropping bombs on women in poor countries,” wrote Mahdawi.

Have you seen the way working moms drive in school zones? at drop-off/pick-up? It is a dog eat dog world in America and the world better get out of the way… or else.

Maybe I don’t have enough of a sample size to draw the proper conclusions about some of my observations. (smiley face)

1 Like

I just joined the Movement for a People’s Party. There is absolutely no light at the end of this tunnel.

6 Likes

So , i said months ago that once Trump was gone i would begin to trash corporate shill boy biden and his love for the MIC.
So let’s get to it .
Biden didnt disappointing with this war mongering B and it is apparent that as bad as trump was/is , the DEMs didn’t learn a thing .
Things will quiet down for the main stream democratic voters as biden lulls everyone to sleep with the business as usual corporate handouts , no decent health care and signing off on unlimited military budgets .
AOC and her gang need to kick some old boy school ass .

5 Likes

“There is nothing remotely feminist about women in rich countries dropping bombs on women in poor countries,” wrote Mahdawi.

As a woman, I find it disheartening to the point of disgust that there are members of my gender that want to ape the worst instincts of men in power.

6 Likes

They probably will not get it. The attitude is one that since so many of us did not vote for Biden but against Trump, Biden does not owe us anything.

4 Likes

~https://peoplesparty.org

1 Like

Seems the Dems have their own version of the Federalist Society:

The secretive consulting firm that’s become Biden’s Cabinet in waiting

~https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/23/westexec-advisors-biden-cabinet-440072

2 Likes

True they are all neo-liberals and neocons but they come in an assortment of race and gender so it must be ok.

3 Likes

The Donald started no wars, but Joe…47 years and there’s not a war or war budget he was against. Enjoy!

1 Like

Now, Bill, you or some part of you must know that is absurd. I need not defend the dictates of my own conscience I need only follow them even if I may not like them.