Home | About | Donate

Fighter Jets Give Chase as US Military's $2 Billion Spy Blimp Breaks Free

Fighter Jets Give Chase as US Military's $2 Billion Spy Blimp Breaks Free

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

A U.S. military blimp has broken free of its tethers and is on the loose—albeit slowly—above the eastern seaboard, local media reported Wednesday afternoon.

Fighter jets are tracking the Joint Land Attack Cruise Missile Defense Elevated Netted Sensor System (JLENS) aerostat, which was last seen drifting over central Pennsylvania. According to the Baltimore Sun:

All they need is a Jenny and a sky hook.

It 'broke' its tether? Breaking news?

Sorry... I hadda! :sunglasses:

You've got that right.

What the hell has our 'civilization' done lately? Given all of the wealth to the rich, polluted the air, pissed in the drinking water and hasn't done anything of note since 'we' went to the moon.

Couldn't go to the moon again, could we? Nope. Don't really have the skills for that anymore.

Build a highway system? Can't maintain the ones 'we' have, why build new ones?

Spending money on the future? How dare you blaspheme! Gawd's just about to return, don'tchaknow?

Karisky: "What the hell has our 'civilization' done lately?"

A comment someone made once:
When I was a boy, they promised us that they would send people to Mars.
Instead, they gave us Facebook.

I love "Idiocracy" and you are right. It won't take anything like 500 years to devolve to that state. My friend Scott is a film critic and I referred to this film as a "pre-documentary".

I loved the scene in "Mars Attacks!" where the Martians appear before Congress and end up incinerating them. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of gangsters.

I vote to send that a-hole Mark Zuckerberg to Mars.

"Mr. Gandhi, what do you think of Western Civilization?"
"I think it would be a good idea."

Heh, I wish they were building them. :smile:

Don't you have the verb conjugation wrong? :wink:

Good to know we're in GOOD hands!The last thing we need to spend this kind of money on is this thing! Can WE have a vote on this shit sometine or do we have to put up with the CLOWNS that will debate? tonite forever!

It wasn't drifting all that slowly - it was a rather blustery and rainy day today from the mid-Atlantic well up across the lakes into Ontario - a combination of a cold front and the remnants of Hurricane Patricia. It would have been great if it had made it up into Canada - it would have given PM Trudeau his first test at dealing with the USA.

Being it is dragging 6,700 feet of cable behind it, I would say there could be a lot of "breaking" danger.

This sentence can be dramatically more precise with removal on two words:

"A U.S. military blimp has broken free of its tethers...."

How about: "U.S. military has broken free of its tethers...."

Bravo!

I kind'a might want to - to be honest about it.

Tombstone >>> "At least it wasn't Philadelphia!"

Or that certain Twilight Zone episode-"To Serve Man" which turned out not to be an Alien good will submissive gratuity but A Cook Book- One of Rod's best episodes!!!! I loved that show!

Yes, and look what our War mongering 1st Lady President in waiting did to the Great Man that was to build that Huge aqueduct for the African People, generously fed by his Countries Huge fresh Water Aquifer- He wanted to do something positive for ALL of Africa by doing this and also by changing their currency away from the Usurious Western Banking Vultures of Capitalism to A stable Gold Dinar currency-
The greedy Satanic pigs would have none of this, so they created A bloody Civil War that Murdered this Great Leader and made those people homeless- The DEVIL Rules this Earth-

Remember this one?

desiderata - by max ehrmann

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love, for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is perennial as the grass.

Take kindly to the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann c.1920

Would any young person nowadays be able to even believe that this was a big pop-music hit?

For that matter could they imagine that Lennon's "Imagine" could ever be a big hit?