Home | About | Donate

Fire the Nutcases Leading Us to War

Fire the Nutcases Leading Us to War

Eric Margolis

President Donald Trump claimed last week that he does not want war with Iran. If he really believes this, the president ought to look into what his subordinates are doing.

Among their bellicose actions are deployment of the ‘Abraham Lincoln CVN-72’ carrier task force to the coast of Iran, massing a strike package of B-52 heavy bombers in Qatar, just across the Gulf from Iran, positioning more US warplanes around Iran, readying a massive cyber attack against Iran, and trying to stop the export of Iranian oil, upon which its economy depends.

1 Like

Great analysis. I particularly like the verbiage: “Like a shark, the US warfare state has to keep moving. So it finds threats popping up all over.” (I am so going to plagiarize that.) When I travel I like to go the back roads semi-randomly selecting my way toward a general destination. I call it navigation by bumblefucking. It’s a great way to travel. It’s a hair-trigger away from catastrophe for foreign policy, particularly with the dynamite duo, Bolton and Pompeo, on deck. As much as I despised Obama’s acquiescence to the war machine, at least he was methodical, predictable and stayed between the guardrails.

Time for me to post this yet again:

2 Likes

Hers’s Ruben Blades’ commentary on the US shark (tiburon) devouring Latin America:

1 Like

I once had hopes that for all his buffoonery, Trump would at least be less warlike than Hillary. Alas, it seems to go with the office, not just the person.

Just because you have big, expensive toys that go “boom” you don’t have to use the bloody things.

5 Likes

Yet we still see, for example, the Murdoch-owned media, New York Times and Washington shamelessly promoting more war in the Mideast. - Eric Margolis

In the case of Venezuela, the US mainstream media has been more unanimous in promoting the propaganda that the US has no option but to wage war to overthrow Maduro.

In one of their most recent offenses, US mainstream media have been featuring commentary by self-declared “progressive” Venezuelans, praising Trump, Bolton, and Abrams and calling for a US military attack on Venezuela:

https://www.caracaschronicles.com/2019/04/26/the-trap-of-peace-privilege/

4 Likes

“Some cynics would add 9/11 and Osama bin Laden to the cast of manufactured villains.” If by “cynics” you are referring to the millions of clear thinking people who respect logic and appreciate fundamental physical laws, then I’m a cynic. The events of 9/11 defy both. To us the official narrative of 9/11 is a lie pure and simple. The insidiousness, and scale of the evil we have been subjected to over the past 20 years is beyond the ability of many people to comprehend. Even those as insightful as Mr. Margolis.

1 Like
2 Likes

“Which leads us to ask the question: given all these lies, is it not time for us to begin questioning the official narrative about World War II?” WTF does this mean?

1 Like

And there are over 2,000 academics, many with impeccable credentials as BUILDING, Architects and BUILDING, Engineers that are also cynics that claim the official, Government story of what happened on 9/11 is nothing but a fairy tale.

Reminds me of the saying by Adolf Hitler: MAKE THE LIE BIG; KEEP REPEATING IT; AND EVENTUALLY THE PEOPLE WILL BELIEVE IT.

2 Likes

Mr. Margolis I enjoyed your article, but there is a plethora of evidence that Osama was a CIA asset and his family in Saudi Arabia, did business with the U.S. There is nothing cynical about it! And as for 9/11… just ask yourself: CUI BONO?

3 Likes

Politicians, non-elected officials, mainstream TV and print media all pumping out lies, lies, lies, yet recent history saw 10 American whistleblowers sent to jail and/or ruined financially for telling the truth.

Democrats are tearing their hair out trying to figure out how to get rid of the Liar-in-Chief because only truth-tellers are punished in America.

Why, of course, the people don’t want war. Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best that he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece. Naturally, the common people don’t want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship…

Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.”

– Hermann Goering (as told to Gustav Gilbert during the Nuremberg trials)

1 Like

So true and if people would have demanded justice we would have had our catalyzing event that would have made all people take a hard look at the dark side of capitalism. The country has been in moral decline since then and people know that the domestic terrorists, as long as they’re connected to Zionism, are not prosecuted, rather they are rewarded.

caracaschronicles is garbage. You reference a site that labels Code Pink “the Worst of American Imperialism”

“the United States has periodically made missteps in Latin America” but “has refrained from taking such destructive actions in the region’s recent history”

Laughable if you know a sliver of US history and current affairs

1 Like

USA Today falls into a similar category of journalism.

Nevertheless, from the mainstream to social media, with some in English but most in Spanish, there are ample voices of self-declared ‘progressive’ Venezuelans calling for the ouster of Maduro as a ‘humanitarian’ gesture. These folk are either politically naive and unaware of the downside of the practice of ‘destroying the village to save it’, or they are folk, like Leopoldo Lopez, who adhere to right wing principles but refer to themselves as left of center progressives in efforts to sow confusion.