Home | About | Donate

Firing a "Vindictive, Illegal Parting Shot," Trump's Interior Proposes Sabotage of Conservation Program

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/14/firing-vindictive-illegal-parting-shot-trumps-interior-proposes-sabotage

5 Likes

The irony is that conservatives care very little about conserving the fragile environment of the United States and the welfare of the rest of the planet.

16 Likes

If it is illegal file a suit immediately to protect our lands from illegal activities. Come on dems step and get a judge to override this illegal attempt? Rocket Science? No.

9 Likes

"dedicate billions in revenue paid to the federal government from oil and gas exploration fees through the Land and Water Conservation Fund

See anything wrong with this?

11 Likes

One of the definitions of the word conservative in one of my dictionaries is:

“marked by moderation or caution”

But as I tried to previously point out, conservatives care little about being cautious with the environment which gives lie to the claim that they are supposed to be conservative.

2 Likes

Conservatives, my definition: CONS SERVING THE GREEDY.

5 Likes

There is no irony in the fascist belief that everything must be privately owned and exploited for profit. Conservatism and conservationism are not interchangeable terms.

4 Likes

While what you say about conservatives can certainly be argued as being true one can also make the case that neo-liberals such as Biden have benefited greatly from the coffers of Wall Street and the military industrial complex in general.

3 Likes

Teddy to Aisle 45, and please do not forget your Big Stick!

3 Likes

I am in agreement with your first sentence but disagree with your second. Another definition of conservativism from my dictionary is:

“a political philosophy based on tradition and social stability…”

And the definition of the word tradition is:

“An inherited, established, or customary pattern of thought, action, or behavior …”

So going by these definitions one would logically think that conservatives would be quite eager to continue the tradition of preserving and defending the environment. But the irony is that they are, much to the chagrin of environmentalists, not doing this at all

While I admire TR’s stance on the environment I also loath his imperialism which he preached against many defenseless nations both before, during, and after his presidency.

3 Likes

Good reply. Biden has been and is a Wall Street Stooge; otherwise, he would have never been chosen by the corrupt DNC for POTUS. Bernie was an anathema to Wall Street and never had a chance. Bernie, who is a whole lot smarter than me had to know it too!

4 Likes

Neocons, neolibs --how much difference IS there, really?

3 Likes

Probably not much at all which is why the late writer Gore Vidal was correct when he noted that the Democrats and the Republicans both belong to the same party and that would be the Property Party.

2 Likes

I wholly concur. For an excellent read on the topic I recommend Stephen Kinzer’s (2017) The True Flag: Theodore Roosevelt, Mark Twain, and the Birth of American Empire.

2 Likes

Somewhat to your point, can’t Biden reverse all that trump has done with executive orders? Like trump did to Obama’s initiatives.

3 Likes

When I tell people I truly despise Trump and his allies and cult, they think I’m radical or crazy.
But I love the biosphere and the ability to control my own body reproductively and sexually, and I hate rapists and earth-destroyers.
Trump is a rapist of mother earth and of women.
He is an enemy of all that is good.
His followers enable and support his ecocidal actions.
It would have been better for this world if Trump and his enablers had never been conceived.

6 Likes

Conservatives only conserve their money and power. Everything else is fair game

5 Likes

The raping of the Commons will continue until morale improves.

I hope someone has kept track of Trump’s edicts to see how many
Biden actually cancels totally. A lot of Trump’s edicts are something
the Dems always wanted to do, but were afraid to ask.

7 Likes

That pretty much sums up what they are about.

1 Like