Home | About | Donate

Five Big Banks Flunk Key Test, Proving They're Still 'Too Big To Fail'

These behemoth banks and their international cousins allow capital to flow all around the world in search of the highest return on investment, which is not likely to occur in the developed world. Therefore, the developed world crumbles until it reaches a point where there is potential for more growth. There won't be a soft landing before that, however.

Dodd Frank was written by the too-big-to-fail banks and has resulted in them controlling nearly half of US bank assets today compared to 25% when they caused the 2008 crash. Dodd Frank HAS succeeded in making it harder for community banks to survive. Chris Dodd and Barney Frank quickly moved on to lucrative jobs in the financial sector.

Had Sanders not made bank break ups and TPP issues in the 2016 campaign, no other Democratic Party or GOP candidate would have addressed either issue.

When Thomas Hoenig ran the Kansas City Federal Reserve he was one of the few Fed honchos that opposed the 2008 bailouts. Hopefully his FDIC appointment will enable him to make some progress on this issue.

The FED and FDIC have once again kicked the gilded can down the road. Yes sir, if you guys don't clean up your act,we will ask you nicely once again.

Hillary talks about a better way to control banks and other financial institutions but why isn't that already occurring. Obama and Hillary talk a good story until you look at how the banks have become larger instead of smaller and the financial risk is higher not lower. The only chance at real reform is Bernie and even for him it is going to be a big fight.

All the crap about Dodd/Frank and it is a joke! Just another issue Sanders is way ahead on----Man this guy would be a great President! Just speaking truth to power he would make a great President.

"All right everybody, I'm a billionaire and I've a gun to my head. If you don't continue to cover my huge debts by subsidizing me, I'll pull the trigger on my gun and blow my brains out. Then you'll have to pay the price of cleaning up the mess I've made".

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Paying for a crash would probably have been cheaper to the taxpayers.