Home | About | Donate

Five Top Papers Run 18 Opinion Pieces Praising Syria Strikes–Zero Are Critical

Five Top Papers Run 18 Opinion Pieces Praising Syria Strikes–Zero Are Critical

Adam Johnson

Five major US newspapers—the New York Times, Washington Post, USA Today, Wall Street Journal and New York Daily News—offered no opinion space to anyone opposed to Donald Trump’s Thursday night airstrikes. By contrast, the five papers ran a total of 18 op-eds, columns or “news analysis” articles (dressed-up opinion pieces) that either praised the strikes or criticized them for not being harsh enough:

New York Times

Yep. Business as usual from the Democratic-Republican-Corporate-Media-Military-Industrial Establishment.

I follow the New York Times pretty closely and I haven't found much support for the attack either in the lead articles, the editorials, or the op-eds. The latter have been mixed views but the Times editorial board seems to clearly be critical of the attack and the lead articles have continued to be critical. Sadly, I have to conclude that there is a less than honest evaluation of the mainstream media that has been undertaken by the left wing media. An op-ed in the Times today is linked below.

We are number one! We are number one! Bombing, stealing, maiming, killing, we are number one.

See, we're winning already:

Direct Online Democracy

http://forums.e-democracy.org/about/

The mistake people still make is that the MSM media (including NPR) is somehow independent of the establishment. They are the establishment. if you're getting your news from them, you are ill informed.

Every one of these papers is owned by Billionaires.

War and Death equates to more money in their pockets.

It must be every Americans goal in life to reject this insane need to hate others.

I know that hatred and bigotry is still a big problem in America, however, those that promote it and profit from that promotion must be labeled, 'Against the Teachings of Jesus.'

Jesus never promoted Hatred, Bigotry, Death, Human Suffering and War.

The Five Top Papers may use the First Amendment to justify their right to print this, but it shows a lack of morals to support it.

Thanks for the info, insight and perspective, Adam.

Lrx, you might want to check today's date and the date this article was written.

Your swipe at "left wing media" by one of this forum's most ardent apologists for corporate power is not surprising in the least.

. . . Either directly or indirectly through korporations.  I being a lazy old geezer, can you provide me ownership info as to which 'people' own which papers?*   Thanks in advance!!   – Festus.
* Per SCOTUS, billionaire induhvidjewels and billionaire korporations are one & the same . . .

Nice work. Don't watch TV, thanks for the summary. Amazing.

remember one time he read teleprompter and sounded not like crazy dictator but reasonable person.

every media said 'this is moment trump became president'. then he went bat sh!t crazy again and passed some more bills ruining our future. collective silence.

then he for no reason while meeting chinese leader at private club violating all kinds of rules decided he will tell russia he is going to attack syrian base to distract media from his being putin's little b!tch. then media all again said 'THIS is the moment trump became president'.

so he either needs to learn to speak above fourth grade level and/or just keep attack(ng sh!t for no reason.

either one works in our ADD/ADHD fawning so called 'liberal' media' and even REICH wing media said trump was very very stuP!d even by his own childish standards for this ignorantly escalating syrian conflict and intervening on side of IS!!!!!!!!! what a surreal orwellian fu(*king trumpian nightmare we voted for!!!!!!