Home | About | Donate

Five Years On, the WikiLeaks 'Collateral Murder' Video Matters More than Ever

By all means, this should be watched again and again. In a nation where its drone "pilots" total up their kills as "bug splats," we have to somehow realize that we are the terrorists, not the people who are risking their lives to defend themselves, their families and their countries from our endless war making.
* It is up to We the People to stop this madness before it destroys the world. The Nuclear Dragon just waits for someone to push the button.
;-})

We have one Video.
Out of perhaps thousands, maybe tens of thousands of possible such incidents.
In Adam Curtis's most recent documentary he has a bunch of American personnel in Afghanistan in darkness bragging about doing a run on the locals and taking out a few of them even though they had no orders for any such action.

Those that were on the trigger that day, and the others like that day, are currently looking for their next victim on Us Soil. By what percentage have local law enforcement employed ex military, and what is the increase in that percentage in the past eight years? How many of these actors are now in units with high powered weaponry and armory?

The Adan Curtis documentary is available in its entirety on You Tube. Look below for Holier than though whores that pan the piece for meandering. Where are these documentaries in the US?

The United States of America has already pushed that nuclear button, and many times over, killing and maiming many Japenese directly and many others on Pacific Islands where tests were conducted. Ours is the country that has used napalm, "depleted" uranium, white phosphorous and hellfire missiles on many, many thousands of innocents not to discount poisonous defoliants sprayed over many thousands of acres of Vietnam and its people and wildlife. It is time for Americans to either accept our country for what it really is or change it. This birthday of the video of the dispicable actions done by our forces in Iraq allows time for each of us to reflect, question and decide.

Yes, I know. I am a nuclear veteran (Operation Redwing, Bikini 1956) and I have seen WW-III. We don't need it! Nobody does. The exposure darned near killed me, and many others died or have died over the years of some pretty nasty cancers. Many still births and genetically damaged kids after their return to their families.
* There was a time when the nuclear policy was that nuclear weapons were to only be used against a nuclear power, and then only if a launch was imminent and the order had to come from Washington. Now, apparently it is up to the field commander as to whether it would be more efficient than ground troops in a battle. Our Wehrmacht must be reined in and scaled down to an actual defense force. We need regime change in the US Fourth Reich, and we need it soon! (And that doesn't mean swapping the Oiligarchy's sock puppets from the left hand to the right one.)
;-})

You have no idea what Hellfire missiles actually do... do you?

They were developed as tank-busters and were modified into highly-developed fire and forget missiles.

It sort of undercuts your point when you include them with admittedly awful things like napalm and WP.

EDITED for crap grammar.

From Wikipedia on Hellfire Missle:

The AGM-114 Hellfire is an air-to-surface missile (ASM) first developed for anti-armor use , but later models were developed for precision strikes against other target types, such as, in the case of a Predator drone, individuals or groups of individuals. It was originally developed under the name Helicopter Launched, Fire and Forget Missile, which led to the acronym 'Hellfire' that became the missile's formal name.[2]
It has multi-mission, multi-target precision-strike capability, and can be launched from multiple air, sea, and ground platforms. The Hellfire missile is the primary 100-pound (45 kg) class air-to-ground precision
weapon for the armed forces of the United States and many other nations.

Exactly. Not really in the same league as napalm, WP, or nukes. Just a missile.

Just a Missile? Do you need pictures of all the children with limbs blown off and brains blown out of their skulls to "just a missile" ? Dead is still dead and mass murder is still mass murder and a war crime is still a war crime whether to napalm or high explosives or depleted urannium.

Evidence suggests Hellfire Missiles use depleted Uranium on the warhead. Even the British Military now admits this a health hazard and that stuff lasts only a few billion years.

Ask the people of Fallujah what they think of depleted uranium.

I think you are right Steve. The MOAB bomb (Mother Of All Bombs) blows up much of a whole city (9 blocks) and is rumored to have a uranium version. (Note: Not just Depleted Uranium, but Enriched Uranium.) The military used it in Iraq and Afghanistan and it's a sadistic, evil device, more powerful than Hiroshima and more deadly than a daisycutter. I'd like to know who authorized it's use, since the Chimp-in-Charge was always on vacation and Obomber was always on the golf course. My guess is field commanders, just as you speculated (like David Betrayus).

Whatever it is, it bedevils our soldiers in uniform just as much as it does the "enemy" (which is apparently all life forms downwind of the thing) since it aerosolizes and everyone gets to breathe hot Uranium-236.

Evidence of Uranium weapons used in the Middle East

What do you think missiles do?

They're weapons. They kill people.

If you're going to pitch a fit about Hellfires, you may as well pitch a fit about Sidewiders, RPGs, or even bullets. I hear those are made from lead. Do you know what damage lead poisoning can do to people?!?

Give me a break.

Give you a break? Whatever for?

DU munitions do far more then "kill people" and yes the USA has seen fit to coat bullets and RPGS with them. I suggest the peoples of the world living in the Middle East and other countries the USA has decided to pollute and contaminate with its munitions are the ones that need a break. The peoples in Fallujah have the highest rates of birth defects in the world thanks to your missiles.

Agent orange did far more then act as a defoliant as advertised. The people in Vietnam are living with its legacy some 30 years later.

And napalm kills people too. You contradict yourself when you condemn Napalm yet have no problems with DU munitions.

While I haven't read all the comments, one thing seems missing from the discussion. Our military is the servants of multinational corporations. Our military is no longer servants of the people of the USA. Just as our police and sheriff departments are now being militarized against the citizenry.

One way to prevent this in the future is to Draft citizens into the military. That way duty falls across the entire citizen population. Also we need to stop hiring mercenary aka Black Water/Academi and other PMC/PMF. United Nations Mercenary Convention prohibits the hiring of mercenaries; the United Kingdom and United States are not signatories to the convention, and the United States has rejected the UN's classification of PMCs as mercenaries. Out sourcing war to private milita who are not bound by the military law of the USA or international law leads to criminal behavior for hire.