Home | About | Donate

'Fly at Your Own Risk, Friends': As Trump Shutdown Continues, Airline Safety Workers Issue 'Terrifying' Warning

'Fly at Your Own Risk, Friends': As Trump Shutdown Continues, Airline Safety Workers Issue 'Terrifying' Warning

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

As the longest government shutdown in American history entered its 34th day on Thursday and federal workers prepared to miss another paycheck, a "dire" and "quite scary" warning from unions representing air traffic controllers, pilots, and flight attendants fueled mounting calls for President Donald Trump and Republican Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.) to reopen the government.

0 Likes

"Fly The Scary Skies Of Divided (Government.)"

Keep supporting the Duopoly as you have and insure a world of this for future generations.

2 Likes

High time for a work stoppage among air traffic controllers and TSA for SAFETY reasons. Let’s not wait for it to be too late. Ground the planes.

7 Likes

Corbett sez:
“… fueled mounting calls for President Donald Trump and Republican Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.) to reopen the government.”

They can’t do anything until they get the OK from Coulter and Limbaugh.

3 Likes

This stinks like Reagan. One guy could stop this with the stroke of a pen.

6 Likes

I think that the airlines, in concern over the safety of their passengers, ought to stand with the air traffic controllers and those who keep the equipment running, along with TSA personnel. by canceling all their flights and let the those working without pay to get some rest. It could be a massive sick call instead of a strike. That should, but it might not, knowing who is charge of the non governing government, bring things to a head.

RCA Cordova

2 Likes

TSA, Air Traffic Controllers & Pilots/Flight Attendents should all REFUSE TO WORK due to SAFETY CONCERNS if a 2ND PAYCHECK is missed (1/25). Give notice: NO DEAL this weekend, NO WORK MON.JAN.28—& the flying public should SUPPORT them. Perhaps, GO TO AIR PORTS & stand with them–as we did with Muslims by protesting Trump’s Ban on them. We can do this!!!

2 Likes

The Republicans wanted to shrink the government down to the point where they could drown it in a bathtub.
My observation is that the fat one has almost filled the bathtub. Perhaps proper usage would be to put the fat one and his henchmen in that tub and let the real government get back to work. (And build some safeguards into the Constitution so this kind of crap can never happen again.)
;-})

1 Like

By the way, in my comment above, I don’t include the “Democrats” as any solution at all. They are owned by the same money that owns the Repubs, and they do what they are told just like the Republican fascists do.
I think it is now up to We the People to accomplish this task. There are some great people coming to the fore, but they can hopefully work as a new party, or no party at all, just keeping in touch with We the People and working toward our goals.
;-})

1 Like

I am not sure how many people heard this interview by Steve Inskeep on NPR of an “official white house spokeswoman” but it is well worth the 6 minutes or so it takes to hear.

Politics

White House Wants Democrats To Come To The Table, Spokeswoman, Mercedes Schlepp, Says

6:29

January 24, 20197:21 AM ET

Heard on Morning Edition

Steve Inskeep talks to Director of Strategic Communications Mercedes Schlapp about two Senate votes on bills that would end the government shutdown. NPR’s Domenico Montanaro weighs in on the issue.

0 Likes

No one will do it, of course, but if all the air traffic controllers, TSA agents, Coast Guard, FBI, Federal Prison guards, and other “vital” workers who are not getting paid for their work went on strike until the government was opened up, AND a large percentage of ordinary citizens did the same thing, it just might have the initiative to get something done about the dysfunctional occupants in the White House, Senate, and Congress.

How does “President Pelosi”–(yechhh!) sound to you? Hey, if it worked in Venezuela, then why not in the US? “The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, it is in ourselves.”

0 Likes

Trump is the neighborhood ten year old that has a bat and ball. He gets all of the attention he wants by refusing the other kids the equipment. The days roll by the feeling about the game deflates. Then one day one of the kids meets a kid from the next neighborhood. Yup, HE has a bat and ball. You can put your own ending to this.

1 Like