Home | About | Donate

For Biden, ‘Building Back Better’ Should Be a Global Challenge

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/11/26/biden-building-back-better-should-be-global-challenge

The U$ dollar is still the Petro-dollar and as long as that stays true and the world uses it as the reserve currency the world will remain in the basic quagmire in which it currently finds itself. Restructuring of the economic system based upon energy sources that are renewable is necessary in order to reset and reorder the world toward a more equitable system. The late H. T. Odum, an excellent ecologist with whom I had the privilege of working in the same department and having spirited discussions, developed a system whereby he thought money should be based on how much solar input a product represented. Far too complicated to explain here, but you may get the gist. At any rate, I saw it was hard to implement (an understatement), but philosophically very sound. My main point is that we must decouple money from carbon. Until we do that, we will continue to burn our house down.

1 Like

I love the idea of renewable energy! I hope
the USA succeeds in replacing fossil fuel with a mixture of solar, wind, hydro, and geothermal.

1 Like