Home | About | Donate

For Display of 'Uninhibited Racism,' Demand Grows for Virginia Governor Ralph Northam's Immediate Resignation

For Display of 'Uninhibited Racism,' Demand Grows for Virginia Governor Ralph Northam's Immediate Resignation

Jon Queally, staff writer

Democratic Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam is facing intensifying demands for his resignation from all sides on Saturday after a photo from his medical school days surfaced on Friday exposed "uninhibited" racist behavior from his past.

Funny how there’s no forgiveness for Ralph’s racist past by all these Christians in establishment politics.

4 Likes

He should take his case before the Senate Judiciary Committee aka Kavanaugh.

1 Like

Online it seems that the Hillbots are the ones most concerned about Northam calling for his resignation. I guess they forget about Bill’s welfare reform or his Crime Bill , things that truly hurt Blacks.

4 Likes

“Uninhibited” racism. Uninhibited is the word here. This is something Democrats can learn from Republicans, who are far less inhibited about their racism and bigotry than Democrats are able to. Northam’s should be hailed as a model of “embracing their inner racist”. Facing the ugly truth is the first step in solving a problem.

3 Likes

Democratic State House letter sez:
“Though it brings us no joy to do so, we must call for Governor Northam’s resignation.”

Only one thing can save his job now: an immediate shift of his political affiliation to the Republican Party™.

1 Like

Sometimes I think we are tooo politically correct. We all did things we are ashamed of before we saw the light. We left ignorance in the past.

If the Superstitious Right can forgive wayward pastors, shouldn’t progressives be a bit more forgiving of their own? (like Al Franken).

Backface and KKK were objects of humor and ridicule back then. Today they are just disgusting lessons from an intolerant past.

4 Likes

True, the only people using blackface and the KKK for humor in 1984, were racist assholes. I’ve lived around them most of my life, they are the people who rarely change their views.
I am shocked by the apologists on this page, I expected more enlightened responses.
My question is why does this type of past disgusting behavior only come up after they are elected?

6 Likes

If we demand Northam to step down then we need to demand Trump step down and half of republican party. If we could get that then Northam maybe should step down.

come on Dems step up to the place and call out all the republican racists.

4 Likes

This guy had the “chops” to get into medical school but couldn’t fathom that perhaps even a worse idea than donning such repulsive costumes in the first place was putting a picture of them in his yearbook for “posterity”? Ah, medical students will be medical students…

1 Like

I figure most of the racists in public office never have an embarrassing relic. It may even be completely obvious that they are racists, but no one will ask them to apologize for it unless there’s a photo or something.

By the way, who is asking all the racist anti-BDS folks to resign?

4 Likes

There really are double standards and ample hypocrisy floating around. We can’t seem to have policy or attitude that has a solid backing, and performance to match.
We can list one after another of bigots and chauvinists that have NOT been held to account.

The reason I hesitate to even comment on this is because nowhere have I read about the context in which this year book photo was taken. I say that because no one has said that it was NOT done to show DISGUST for racism. Probably not, but did anyone report on this question?

1 Like

He/She among you, who is without sin let them cast the first stone.

3 Likes

Myself for one, well not resign, physically removed from office.
The theme on this page seems to be unless all injustice in politics it dealt with, than none should be. “If they get away with it, we should too”, so tell me where does it start? Or does it ever?

1 Like

Looks like Outrage Nation has learned nothing from the Covington MAGA boys/Nathan Phillips/Black Hebrew Israelite debacle about jumping to conclusions from limited information.

Northam is claiming it wasn’t even him in the photo. No one knows who was responsible for the photos even getting into the yearbook.

Yet, everyone is trying to be more self-righteous than the next.

The first step in this direction is to resign. Now.

Let me just say, there ain’t no way my scrutinized character would allow me to run for high office. But I’ve had fun.

1 Like

When your mother reached for the bar of soap and made you wash the bad words out of your mouth, she was also getting into your head. In a good and healthy way, of course.
My grandfather used the second knuckle of his middle finger to issue a slight knock on your head, his disciplinary action ( for making fun of the disabled, or any of what’s referred to as " the other " ) was almost always accompanied with the statement, " there, except for the grace and blessing of god, walks you and I. " He was also trying to get into your head, in a good and healthy way, of course.
At the age of 22-23, Ex-Gov. Northam evidently missed the universal memo, regarding what is acceptable and unacceptable behavior. In public actions, expressed thoughts and naughty or raunchy words. His missing the memo has a penalty attached to it, after all.
Randy Newman sang, " oh, it’s lonely at the top ".
Ex-Gov. Northam is finding this out right now and in 24/7 real news time, as well. He needs to step down, insert the bar of soap in his mouth, take the knuckle on the head and then regroup and move on. As JFK foretold, so frighteningly well when saying, " life is not fair ". A life lived in national politics and in the public life, is certainly even more so. Vaya con dios, Ex-Gov. Northam.
So it goes…

1 Like

I still haven’t heard whether they were making fun of,// or offering a dose of awareness of racial bigotry.

Saw a C-span report where Gov. Ralph Northam was denying that it’s him in
the photo. Presume we’ll hear more about this tomorrow.
He did acknowledge he did an impersonation of Michael Jackson in a dance contest –
and used some amount of shoe polish on his face. Guess we have to hear from the
second guy in the photo - whichever one that may be?