Home | About | Donate

For Inspiring ' A New Agenda,' Naomi Klein Wins 2016 Sydney Peace Prize

For Inspiring ' A New Agenda,' Naomi Klein Wins 2016 Sydney Peace Prize

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

Citing her work "exposing the structural causes and responsibility for the climate crisis," the Sydney Peace Foundation has awarded its 2016 Peace Prize to author and activist Naomi Klein.

Her work, said the jury, inspires people "to stand up locally, nationally and internationally to demand a new agenda for sharing the planet that respects human rights and equality," and serves as a reminder "of the power of authentic democracy to achieve transformative change and justice."

Well done, Naomi. Keep thinking, writing, and speaking, please.

Congrats to Naomi! Hoping she will write an article about Brazil and Venezuela and their current set of problems and causes. I am sure it is the right wing powers in both countries with help of US but not sure and don't know where to find truths. Maybe Economic hit man John Perkins wrote about it in his new book?

November 11 is when the US Congress and their conspirators in the US and signatory nations will stage their TPP/TTIP/TISA surge to enact those "trade deals" after the election, but before the January 2017 US presidential inauguration.

Hopefully Klein's acceptance speech will shine the light on this surge and emphasize how those deals will derail efforts to fight climate change.

And one For Snowden and Asange!

The Four Horseman of Trade & Destructive Economics:
NAFTA, TPP, TTIP & TISA.

Awards are nice, but full recognition to the truly deserving activists among the frontline communities first and worst hit by climate change. I am sure Naomi will use the occasion of accepting the award to put the spotlights where they need to be shone.

Congratulations Naomi!

You should be Bernie's running mate.

Don't worry about the birth certificate - we will find a way!

If the people lead, eventually the leaders will follow

If Naomi Klein and Linda McQuaig were running Canada, I would be so happy !!!!!

Sounds nice.

"Yet political leadership is still lacking—and nowhere more so than in Australia."

The current multi-millionaire PM of Australia is former CEO of Goldman Sachs (Australia) Ltd, as well as a lawyer and former founder of a merchant bank. Australia certainly has leadership; right into the jaws of the TPP.

Congrats to Naomi! Even so, does she have to fly all the way to Australia to accept the award? What about videoconferences? After the frantic fiasco of the Paris COP talks, I wish that Eco-Activists would not fly from conference to conference, country to country, continent to continent, to argue or talk about the evils of carbon induced climate change, and then leave a HUGE carbon footprint in their wake.So, Naomi, if you really want to help the planet, please stay home and skype with the nice folks in Australia.Flying there makes you part of the problem, not the solution.